Saturday, December 10, 2005

The best present of all

Our shopping trip last night was a success! We only bought about seven gifts, but we bought ourselves the best present in the whole world:

A new fridge lock.

We had little safety locks on our fridge and freezer that I bought when Caedmon was two. At some point the one on the fridge broke. Fast forward to this year....Jack is two. Somehow I seemed to have missed the memo that yesterday was a very special holiday. It was the ever popular Living Room Cheese Festival. You know, the one where you drag out all of the various types of cheese into the living room and then proceed to open a few "American slices", wad them up, and crumble them into the carpet. Imagine my emotions when I stepped out of my warm morning shower to find that this holiday had been celebrated without me. Thus the fridge lock.

The shopping trip was also a success because we ate at Famous Daves, a restaurant that I had been wanted to go back to for about four years now but my vote was always vetoed. I hadn't eaten there since the pregnancy-induced-cravings-for-ribs when I was expecting Caedmon. Last night I was able to feast upon roasted chicken with about four different bbq sauces, and corn bread muffins were heavenly as were the mashed potatoes. We were stuffed, and yet we shopped. And happily, we are able to cross a few people off of the list. But there is much more shopping to be done,

Yay! Another reason to go back to Target.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way too funny!!!!!! :) +hugs+

I think I've made about a dozen trips to target these past 5 days...