I'm back!
Whew! What a crazy couple of days this has been. I'm excited to announce that this is our first full day at home. We have stopped in just long enough to drop off loot before we ran to the next thing. The living room looks like a hurricane blew through, I have no idea where I am going to put all this stuff. It's dangerous for poor little Gemma, who is mastering the art of crawling this week. She is also popping out two new teeth. I forget how much that changes their little smile.
All in all, Christmas was a success. We had our moments of stress and un-merriness, a few squabbles and bickering. Keeping a schedule like this one is exhausting on the parents AND the kids. We SO enjoy time with the family, but it is good to be home and to start thinking about how to get this place whipped back into shape.
Some favorite things this week:
- The annual wrapping paper war at my grandparent where all the adults and kids engage in pummeling each other with wads of Santa and snow flake covered bombs.
- My Dad's yearly Christmas letter to all of his kids. He reads it to us on Christmas morning and there are usually tears flowing all around the room
- Homemade caramels. Waaaaaaah, I miss them already.
- New little baby girl clothes, specifically, a little red and white poncho for Gemma
- Shopping yesterday with my sister-in-law Anna. We had a ton of fun and got lots of great deals.
- Opening the gifts our kids bought and wrapped for us. Just precious, and also hilarious.
- Hearing about Tyler and Noelle going off the big jump while snowboarding with my brothers.
- Watching four little boy cousins all dress up like ninja clones.
- Dance Dance Revolution Mario Mix.
- Running at the gym to Spongebob music. I borrowed Tyler's new MP3 player which was loaded with yellow sponge happiness. At one point I literally laughed out loud, I wonder what the other exercisers thought.
I hope you all had a GREAT week, it's great to be back.
2 comments:
its so good to have you back! :)
I have missed you!!
Post a Comment