- Everly sits in the middle of the room. She can't quite crawl, if you consider forward motion to be crawling. Scooting backwards until she is wedged into a corner or under the couch doesn't count. I'm enjoying the babble that is almost "mamamama" and the fact that she mostly stays where I put her. I'm enjoying how her face lights up when I enter the room. Her smile is almost too much for her little face.
- I'm enjoying the last few weeks of having Gemma home during the day without the big kids. Next fall it's backpacks and new pencils and off to kindergarten.
- I'm savoring these last couple of weeks in this little house. Breathing deeply of all the flowers I have tended to over ten years here. Making a few more memories in these walls before we are off to a new adventure just a few miles away.
- I'm loving the sunshine this afternoon. Cloudy days make the sunny ones so much sweeter.
- I'm trying to talk myself into enjoying the fact that Toby is still in diapers. The end result of potty training is glorious, the interim, not so great. So I'm enjoying the calm before the storm.
- Early morning temperatures have been absolutely perfect for running. 50 degrees means shorts and a long sleeved t-shirt. In a few weeks it will be tank tops and ponytails drenched in sweat, even at 5:30 am.
Wednesday, May 05, 2010
Intentional Living. In List Form
I'm trying more and more to live in the moment. Not always looking to "the next big thing" but loving right where I am. Here are some thoughts from today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Gemma is going to be in kindergarten? Really? Just. Wow.
You will definitely shed a tear when you leave your home for the last time. The memories! Sigh. It's going to be great, but I think you are smart to intentionally soak in the remaining weeks under that roof.
Love it - all of it:)
I like this...I should do this...would people think I'm weird if my reflections were of my husband and my dog? I don't have kids yet.
This is great. Even though those things could be seen as mundane and monotonous, they seem enchanting when you lay it out like this.
-Micah
Great moments, Heth. Thanks for sharing.
This post is so very sweet. And little Ev's smile is priceless.. Dang she is amazing.
Toby- "No Dad. No Mom." Love him.
You are right on. I love the SCC song
"Miracle of the Moment" - gives the same thought.
Post a Comment