Interim: "n. An interval of time between one event, process, or period and another."
And that's what this week is, isn't it? The flurry of Christmas is over. The garbage can in the garage is overflowing with shredded wrapping paper, waiting for the trash man to take it away. Gifts are being played with, users manuals read, and waistlines have expanded. Most of the visiting family has returned home.
But the new year isn't here yet.
This week is the lull. The waiting. The meantime. I'm feeling particularly introspective this year. Pondering 2009 and all that has taken place. It's a little overwhelming for me to think about. You never know what a year will hold. I think reflecting can be a holy act. Acknowledging, thinking, thanking, remembering. Looking for God in the ins and outs of life within the time frame of a whole year. Where He has brought us, what He has taught us, where He carried us.
In just a couple of days we will throw the confetti and blow the noisemakers and look toward the future with hope for what a new year will hold. Exciting and unknown. Full of possibilities. God only knows what a new year will bring. But there is value in the meantime. God, show me Who You Are in the meantime.
7 comments:
Beautifully said.
Great thoughts, Heth. This last year has held a lot. I am really looking forward to what God has planned for 2010.
Thanks for reminding me to reflect, not just look forward.
"I think reflecting can be a holy act."
I think you're right. I need to spend some time going over this past year, just Him and I. There's stuff I don't want to forget...because I really, really don't want to have to relearn it.
I love Deep Thoughts by Heth.
You know why I love reading your blog Heth... because you do such a good job of mixing up silliness with seriousness (if those are words) I'll admit with going back to work I haven't been able to read like I used to but I love poppin' in every now and again to giggle or tear up. Love you bunches!
meantimes are His time.. huh? i sure do love you lady. you are beautiful and wear humility, selflessness, and love so sweetly.
oswald chambers says today:
let us go into the new year with the patient power of knowing that the God of Isreal will go before us. Our yesterdays present irreparable things to us; it is true that we have lost opprotunities which will never return, but God can transform this destructive anxiety into a constructive thoughtfulness for the future. Leave the irrearable past in His hands and step out into the irresistible future with Him.
Lurker here! I just found your blog and started reading. Halfway through 2007!
You have a wonderful way with words. Thanks for sharing your beautiful family :)
Amy
Post a Comment