Monday, October 05, 2009

A Year

It was one year ago yesterday that I ran a marathon. Today I can't even run one mile.

I'm not bitter. Okay, maybe just a little bit. I really, really miss running but I know it's because of cute little Everly that I was sidelined for awhile. I've got one year to get myself back up to 26.2 again. October 2010 here I come!

But for tonight, I think I'll eat a spoonful of marshmallow creme while I snuggle a bald baby girl.

Priorities.

9 comments:

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

I love that you're gonna do it again...maybe I could do the 1/2 in the twin cities?

It's a pretty sweet reason to be sidelined :)

Heth said...

If only they had a half...they have a ten miler and it's a lottery to get in. But we aren't going to run the Twin Cities. We are thinking either Chicago or Des Moines. Not sure yet.

Anonymous said...

you can do it kiddo!!! but can't you come up with a better location......like cancun or aruba???? yb

Nicole said...

YOU CAN DO IT

NOW LETS PROVE IT

YOU CAN DO IT...blah blah

um, that is all I remember from that cheer--hey give me a break highschool was eons ago LOL....but I know you can, and next time I will be there to cheer you on!!!

or snuggle a little (hopefully not so bald for her sake :) little girl :) and drink spiced pumpkin lattes to keep myself warm :)

nicole said...

Knowing you have done it once will surely push you to do it again! I was going to be running my second half marathon this December, but am now going to have to wait until next year. I can still run some, but haven't had the chance. I kind of miss it, kind of don't.

gretchen from lifenut said...

You'll do it.

You are running a marathon now. You are the picture of endurance, training, patience, strength. It's just that now smells like baby lotion and tastes like a vanilla cloud.

ann said...

YAY! I can't WAIT till you start your training. I am so excited to hear about your journey for the next one. And it should be in PENNSYLVANIA.

And Eric's mom wants to know if you've ever enjoyed a Mississippi Mud bar? Yum!

Anonymous said...

Personally, I'd much rather cuddle a newborn than train for (or run) a marathon any day.

A year isn't that far away...just enjoy this season with your little lady :)

Anonymous said...

Oooh. Come to Chicago! So, I can cheer for you!!!