Today I received a package in the mail and this is what was inside.

I may have giggled out loud. Aren't those the cutest fabrics ever?! These are sure to become "bird boochie", "yellow boochie", and "flower boochie". My friend Jenn stared up an Etsy shop selling these receiving blankets and she sent Everly three of them as a gift. They are incredible.
I love the description she wrote up:
These are great for swaddling squirmy newborns, of course. But beyond that, they're great as nursing cover-ups and for covering carseats to protect baby from sun or bugs. They're nice, sanitary surfaces for tummy-time or changes, they protect furniture from crummy cracker-eaters, and they can mop up those improbably-huge "glurps." Keep one in your diaper bag at all times!To show you how big they are, I took a picture of Everly chilling on one of them in the middle of the living room floor.
As baby gets older, they will find new life as Superman capes, picnic blankets, and coffee-table tents, and later still, they can be re-purposed for buffing cars and polishing violins. (They also roll into a nice whip!)

I defiantly recommend checking these out if you've got a little newbie. If you don't, they would make great gifts. Her Etsy shop is called "Shoe Dweller". With a whole bunch of kids of her own, you can believe she knows what she's talking about when it comes to babies and blankies.
I know my kids are going to be fighting over them. Sorry guys, these belong to The Everly.
Thanks Jenn!
8 comments:
Boochie whips!
I love Jenn's humor.
Everly is a lucky lady to have her own birdie boochie. I want one, too.
at our house they are called baymies!
those are beautiful fabrics.
i make a similar swaddling blanket & burp cloth set and sell them on my sister-in-law's baby boutique website. i wish i had a newborn to model my products!
Love the socks!!!! ooma
Adorable...and now I want to steal the word boochie too.
Lauren had a ginkie.
waaaaaa, now she is 11 and has a cell phone..
sniff sniff I will be ok.
Heather, at our house they were fluffies. One of my children is still known to sleep with theirs.
Did I say my youngest child is now 19?
Awww, thanks for the product endorsement, Heather! Sorry I missed it when you first posted...what can I say, I'm a little out of touch...
Glad you like them--and they look so much better with such a lovely model!
Post a Comment