And we've been up to other stuff. Everly is two weeks old. In that two weeks we have:
- Had a visit from all three of my out-of-state brothers and their wives and/or girlfriends. (Two are married, one has a girlfriend, not whatever else you were thinking)
- Had a visit from two ladies I know from the internet who are not axe murderers. *phew!*
- Gone shopping with my 7th grader for all things volleyball related.
- Been a single mom of eight for three days while Nate was out of town.
- Caught a killer cold. While he was out of town. Does it get any funner?
- Freshman football games.
- Played nurse when Husband catches the cold/flu/whatever it is and ends up on the couch for three days.
- Gone to a baby shower for a dear friend.
- Had a super fun visit from a now-living-far-away-crazy-family that we miss so much.
- Snuggled a baby girl. A lot.
But so far, so good. He is sounds asleep in his bed. Phew.
And with that, I'm off to bed. Miss Everly is asleep and I should be too.
10 comments:
Nope, you are right. Recently post-natal, single mum of eight for a few days AND a killer cold. Things just don't get any funner.
Thank heaven the innernet friends turned out to not be axe-murderers.
good times :)
God bless you!!
your life boggles my mind at times! you are one tough cookie by the grace of God! what a blessing each of those Beams are! thanks for one more! he-he!
Poison ivy? Oh man! But not surprising, he is such an adventurer, the master of playing outside. I bet the kids at school love playing with him at recess with his imagination and energy, so much fun!
And I hope he gets better soon. Oatmeal baths are really soothing but a HUGE mess to clean out of the tub, FYI.
You are amazing, Heth.
you know, when Erin came home from 2nd grade last night I did wonder where she learned the words 'extremely contagious!' :)
http://www.altnature.com/jewelweed.htm
Jewelweed may be a natural way to go to help with P.I.
Native Americans used it for ages, and I can assure you from experience, it is effective.
If you don't have any in your area, you may be able to find a retailer who sells the soap made with it.
Good stuff to keep around.
Good luck! You've been busy, but it looks like you are keeping up with things beautifully.
That is a ton of stuff. Go take a nap ;)
We had that cold visit our house too, seriously, who can doubt God's sense of humor.....:-)
Gosh that's a lot in the first two weeks. Congratulations, you!
Post a Comment