Before I say anything else, I have to apologize for cutting your bangs two days before your birthday. Not sure what I was thinking. They aren't straight, that's for sure. You look like you should be a member of the Beatles. Don't worry, I have an appointment for you to get it fixed tomorrow morning, but that's one day late for all the birthday pictures. Sorry.
You are an absolute joy. Six suits you. That smirk, the giggle, the witty comments. Not a day goes by that you don't totally crack me up. I hope you enjoyed your birthday. It started with donuts and ended with candy.
When we snuck away to Dairy Queen together this afternoon I couldn't help but chuckle. I was heading out of the driveway to drop Tyler off at baseball practice and on a whim I invited you to jump in the backseat, fully prepared to sneak some ice cream with you. It wasn't until we were almost there that I thought to take a look at what you were wearing. A glance in the rearview mirror confirmed what I suspected. You were wearing the shirt you slept in, a pair of shorts and no shoes. But you know what? It's your birthday so whatever. I let you pick anything you wanted off the menu and you chose the most expensive thing they offer and then ate just a few bites. We sat out on the picnic table and talked about what you wanted to buy with all you birthday money. So many options.
I know some day your voice will drop an octave and you won't skip the number 38 when you count to 100. You will probably eventually brush your teeth unprompted. For now I'm just trying to eat up every moment with you. Happy birthday buddy.
Mom




19 comments:
Happy Birthday, Jack!
He is such a cute kiddo, Heth. Fantastic pictures, too!
Somehow I think he'll remember this birthday...and you will, too. Sweet.
The post is a great memento for him. It may take his reaching the age of 46 before he fully appreciates it, but he definitely will.
Aaaaah.... six. When they start turning civilised again.
Happy Birthday Jack :-)
cute pics! cute boy!
Happy Birthday, buddy! Love you lots and can't wait to see you!
why do they have to grow so fast?
Heth, just stick some gel in his hair and mess it up a little... no one would ever know. ;)
Happy Birthday Jack!
Come on over and I'll give you some birthday treasures. :)
Oh my, he looks so much like you, Heth! Six is awesome...happy birthday to Jack!
Happy Birthday Jack! i can't begin to count how many times you remind me of your DAD ! Love ya lots...........Ooma & Doopa
what a terrific birthday post. love the sneaking of the ice cream, the cupcakes, the hair, & the shirtless pinata hitting.
Happy Birthday Jack. Six is great. You have so much to look forward to this year...school, a new sibling to love, and more independence, cuz you need a little more of that, right Mom?! Don't change one bit Jack, we love you. - Bill and Natalie
What a sweetie! Happy Birthday Jack!
Oh my goodness, Happy Birthday (a bit late) Jack! Honestly, when I got to the photo of him with the cupcakes I laughed out loud. (And would you look at those delicious looking cupcakes???)
I hope you got a picture of just you and Jack. If not, do it! That is one thing I wish I did. I have almost no pictures of me with each of my kids while growing up.
aw jack youre the best. happy birthday little man!!
Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you had an awesome day
happy birthday sweet boy!! someday when you are older I will tell you the story about the first time I helped you go potty at childrens church...I won't post it on here, but I may recount it at your wedding someday--no promises!
You are awesome buddy! Hope your birthday was grand!
I did the same thing with my oldest child cut his bangs too short glad to know other moms cut their kids hair too! He'll survive!
Post a Comment