- Fresh blueberries are finally affordable.
- So are cherries. So messy but so yummy.
- Bare feet not only inside but outside too.
- Spur of the moment marshmallow roasting on the deck.
- Eating way more than my fair share of marshmallows because I'm the mom.
- The hum of lawn mowers.
- Watching my flower beds change each year.
- The smell of chlorine (Sorry, I couldn't resist. I love the pool)
16 comments:
Great list! I like staying up late at night putting together 2000piece puzzles, or playing Apples to Apples or other games.
No morning rush.
The smell of sunscreen/oil.
BLT's and Sweet Corn.
Sunshine early in the morning into the evening.
YAY for Summer!
If you moved to tiny town you'd not only get to hear the hum of lawn mowers, you could view others riding theirs around town. I've yet to do it myself...I really should get on that.
Miss you lady.
I love the hum of lawnmowers, too! My favorite has to be the chance to be spontaneous with my kids ... or maybe staying outside after dinner until it's really late.
Baseball every night! Even my kids have come to love it. And when we're feeling generous, we can let them stay up late to watch the whole game.
we have a cherry tree that is always drippin with sour cherry, and I don't even make stuff with them! so come pick all you want!
ooooooooo! I forgot about BLTs... thanks Sarah! I'm going to have one as SOON as I get another red tomato! OH WAIT!!! I DID! LAST NIGHT!!! (bragging)
I love sweet corn and the smell of freshly mowed grass... sitting on the deck in the hot sun... citronella candles after dark... washing the car in bare feet on the driveway ... eating veggies right out of the garden... watching the kids hang out in the trees all day in their swimming suits... and the list goes on... I love summer.
friends that stop over and hang out on the front porch, DQ being open, friends that kidnap you at 8 PM for a Starbucks/Kohls run (cuz you can't do that in a blizzard, or on a school night!), thunderstorms, open windows, green trees, green grass, picnics, tents and smores in the back yard, fireworks, VBS, CAMP yay!, painted toenails, flip flop tan lines, sunlight till 9 PM, just to name a few :)
sunshine,
sweet corn,
lighter laundry (t's and tanks and shorts instead of jeans and sweaters and flannels), sitting outside drinking coffee in the morning, no bundling the kids to name a few
late nights on the deck, looking at the stars with binoculars
grandsons running barefoot and shirtless across the driveway to go hunt toads
laying in bed listening to the owls and the frogs
color, color, and more color in my flower beds
watching my grownup kids come home for the weekend and be kids again
sunshine on my face
fruit salad
endless grilling
the sound of gocarts and mini bikes crisscrossing the acreage
farmers markets
kids playing
sleeping in
late nights catching lightning bugs
matinees to cool off
I love it all!
Great list (:
camping trips with at least 20 kids.. marshmellow fights.. & searching for cicadas with the most of amazing of friends.. waiting until the end of the summer to see the newest member... yippee!
I echo all of the above and would like to add sunshowers, rainbows, and thunderstorms :)
Totally agree with fresh blueberries. Also I love the late sunsets, sun-kissed cheeks, picnics, friend time and lighting bugs, too.
I love it when I'm running and the smell of chlorine comes wafting through the air. I know it's weird, and I enjoy flowery smells, too, but chlorine and Downy also have their joys.
i too love the pool, summer berries & melons, gardening, being outdoors and all that jazz, but even more, i love sleeping in and not running my life according to the school's schedule.
Grilling, watching the tomatoes grow and change color (still waiting for a red one!), no coats, cheaper produce (same as you - I love cherries!).
Post a Comment