Thursday, February 26, 2009

Escape From Alcatraz

Yesterday the sun was out and the temps peaked at 50 degrees. Eager for spring to arrive, we donned our rubber boots and pretended it wasn't February 25th. I was hoping a little sunshine and fresh air would solve my end of winter eye twitch.

Within 30 seconds of leaving the front door, Toby was sitting in a puddle, completely waterlogged. Back into the house, new boots, new socks, new pants. Off to the park.


When you aren't even two years old yet, walking in rubber boots up to your hips can be a bit of a problem. It didn't take long to see that it wasn't going to work so little buddy ended up running down the street in his wet socks. I've said it once and I'll say it again. Infact I might as well make it my life's motto. Desperate times call for desperate measures.



A little fresh air. A lot of mud. A warm bath. No more eye twitch. Life is good.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all, congratulations on the new baba! I confess to having some big struggles over more or not so any input or prayers are appreciated. I think I have some serious conversing with God to do. Secondly, I could only WISH spring was that close for us. Our snowbanks are still between 5 and 8 feet high. We've more snow coming on Sunday too. I hate Winter! Guess there'a another conversation to be had with God! ;)

Anonymous said...

I love Tobes little wet footprints!!! SOOO CUTE! look at his path! BTW I love love rubber rain boots, they are the best!!! Jack had some that looked like frogs with big bug eyes on the front them so fun!

Anonymous said...

Fun fun fun! Remember way back when we took the kids to the park and Caedmon and Ethan soaked themsleves in the huge mud puddles? Good times. I think Ethan was around 2 yrs old. And just today I bought Emily her own set of rainboots and a raincoat YAY! It made me think of Jack and Gemma. Didn't they both love wearing boots all the time?

Anonymous said...

Outdoor therapy is very underrated. It does wonders, and I am so glad you got out and about with your little ones.

Anonymous said...

Those boys sure can find the puddles, and always the deep ones:)

Truth said...

Ah, yes that is a great time. I probably shouldn't say it, but we've had temps up to 72 this past week. Yay!~!!

Anonymous said...

That day had me seriously itching for spring! I'm sure that your kiddos are about as stir-crazy as mine are. Bring on spring... cabin fever is definitely causing some eye twitching in our house as well! Love all those boots :)

melanie said...

aw toby... his little trail makes me want to go run with him!

Anonymous said...

"A good mother would..."

I knew you would.

flowerpot said...

love the pile of rain boots!

Laura Lu said...

tru dat!

love that parenting philosophy! and i totally love the pic with the winding foot prints!

Anonymous said...

Those pink boots are CUTE! I froze my bootie off in the park this Saturday. Now it's snowing like mad and school's already cancelled for tomorrow. Oh, the joys of winter.

-FringeGirl

noha said...

That first picture is soooooooooooo unbelievably adorable.