Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Quiet

Shhhhh. Do you hear that? Me neither.

The kids have gone back to school. No one is fighting over the Wii. Jack has free reign. Gemma has my full attention and can read her Sandra Boynton books to me uninterrupted. Toby slept in. Of course I miss the crew, but that was the longest Christmas break ever. They got out early in December for bad weather, they stayed here a day later for bad weather.

It was just time.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh I totally agree!!!!!!!!!! That was the longest Christmas break---my kids were so on each others nerves it was not funny (and mine too...just sayin), not to mention, playing outside is pretty limited, as is the space in our house!! YAY for school!!!! yay for schedules!!

Tina said...

I am with you on that one.
I don't hear anything either.
except the beep beep of text messages. (darn high schooler!)

Anonymous said...

I soooo hear you! My youngest thinks the Wii is broken because it hasn't been on for 24 hours.

I'm headed for a second cup of coffee - you should enjoy one too:)

Hey, while I'm thinking about it - How do you work the whole sharing bedroom thing out with your kids? We have both boys in a room and the girls in a room. The problem being that my almost 14 year old son is suddenly thinking he shouldn't have to share a room with his almost 7 year old brother. They have to share a room - no question there, but have you had to deal with this yet? Just curious how you handled the whole attitude thing - thanks!

Anonymous said...

Thank God for school!
-FringeGirl

Melanie said...

Yeah. Although I wasn't ready for school to start again, there's something to be said for routine ... and I can never keep track of what day of the week it is when there's no school!

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

I'm sooooo with ya.

Gemma and I should really get together sometime...Sandra Boynton is my fav. Moo, Baa, La La LA, it just doesn't get any better than that.

Anonymous said...

My kids are young enough that they are still home, good and bad you know?! :) Pretty loud and messy around here...
[I've been out of blogging for awhile but hopefully I'm back]

Amie said...

Sandra Boynton books ROCK!!! Mine could listen to them all day....they can *read* the "green coat.....oops" one alone now, which is adorable. Congrats on the quiet!!! :)

annieology said...

Ahhh, the classics, Red Coat green coat, yellow coat oops.

I am currently thinking of relocating to a city with year round school.

Of course, where ever that is, it won't be 75 there right now, like it is here.

Dilema!

Terra said...

Isn't amazing how much we cherrish time in a quiet house, the love for our children is of course without end, however there is something to be said for down time!

Mrs. Troop said...

Mmmmm.
Enjoying the quiet here, too. We didn't get an extra day for weather, but we got TWO extra days for the stomach virus.
Always hard to see Christmas break end.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Thank you. Love my kids, but this was the longest break ever. College son? Still at home until 1/14.