Friday, January 09, 2009

No. Not in the House.

It snowed last night, a fresh blanket of about a inch and a half. The wind drifted it a bit in some places but not in others. I got up early to head to the gym for a run and peeked out the front window, I could see that they hadn't plowed our street yet. Two lines of tire tracks ran straight down the middle of the road. An ambitious dog owner had already walked their dog, leaving big boot marks and frisky dog prints along the curb. The cat that we do not own but that lives in our garage left telling marks as to where he has been sleeping at night.

And then the most disturbing tracks of all.

A tiny perforated line from the garage, straight under our deck. Where it went from there, I can only dread. Dear Lord, not into our house I pray. A mouse. Could it be the same mouse that scared me last summer, hiding in the recycling pile in the corner of our garage? I hope so, and not his brother, cousin, or *shudder* offspring.

Please. No.

9 comments:

Laura Lu said...

Ewww...i hate those things. they violate me to the core. ish, ish, ish!

Anonymous said...

That cat needs to earn his keep!

Anonymous said...

Yes, keep that cat around.

Tina said...

It's the offspring. Multiples. hehe. I'm so evil.

melanie said...

why someone so little.. gives us such heebee-jeebees. we need to market them as some type of renewable resource..

Anonymous said...

oh how i hate mice. especially in the house. we had an Easter Mouse the year before last...nibbled on all the Easter candy we left out for the kids, and thank goodness we noticed before we let the kids eat it. gross.

Elle said...

oh oh oh I feel your pain
I once saw a snake crawl under a hole below the foundation near my bedroom! yikes! The mouse wars are a thing of the past for me because my cats put that to rest!!

The Organic Nest said...

Yikes! Maybe he is just visiting? We used to live in a 100 year old cobblestone house and every spring our basement was a breeding ground for mice and snakes. The two creatures I hate the most! I've never seen snake in the 7 years we've lived in our current house because we are closer to the city. But next month we are moving to a new house that backs up to the woods and your post gave me the fleeting thought...will I see some there? Ugh! Good luck :)

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

I say it's the same mouse. For sure.