Sunday, November 30, 2008

I Dare To Wear


Mama Belle is hosting a little fashion challenge over at her place. She is daring us to wear that one thing that takes us out of our comfort zone. Well, I'm always up for a fashion challenge. Fashion challenge is my middle name. In fact, I was such an over achiever that I went a day early. (Either that or I'm breaking the rules.)


I went for it. I wore my new high waisted skirt to church. It was scary but I did it and I came out alive. High waisted skirts are all over Hollywood but they haven't quite made it to the rural Midwest yet. Well actually, they have been around here for a long time but they go by another name. High waisted skirts are closely related to the "mom jean". I guess that would technically make it a "mom skirt".

Mom jeans and mullets. I'm trying to bring it all back.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks super cute, Heth!

Anonymous said...

The skirt looks great!

Unknown said...

Love it! I didn't even know high-waisted skirts were in. Seen the pants and like you, scared about the "mom jean" look. Love the shirt, wish I could see it better. Anyway, thanks for participating.

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Ohhh - I've been so scared of the high waisted trend - and you make it look good. Maybe I can do it... :)

Renee said...

You look adorable!

Being pregnant right now my whole wardrobe is a "Dare to Wear" event ;o)

Clothing designers hate preggie women.

You look GREAT!~

Dorsey said...

Looks cute to me, and I LOVE the big bow on the shirt! Very feminine, which is also VERY in vogue right now!

I'm not sure what I could "dare to wear" that I don't already. I try to be pretty fashion forward most of the time. Although I still can't manage to wear anything resembling "Uggs" outside of my house.

Sara@iSass said...

I'm with Wendi, I can't do it. I'm too much of a sausage.

Rach@In His Hands said...

Popping over from Mama Belle's....Very very cute! Love the skirt. You look amazing!

Chrysanthemama said...

So cute, and you've got an incredible figure too! I need to start running, I think. :)

Truth said...

Way-to-go Heth! You pulled it off just beatifully. And I too want to see more of the shirt. The skirt certainly does not have the high waisted mommy look, at least not on you.

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

YAY! Super, super cute!

Anonymous said...

You look adorable!

At least you HAVE a waist!

Anonymous said...

Visiting from Mama Belle's blog.

Love the skirt.........
.......................
...............on you.

**smiles**

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

cute cute!

Anonymous said...

It looks great on you! :)

Anonymous said...

I saw it in person people and it was---DIVINE!!!!! Heth rocks no matter what she wears!!!!

Anonymous said...

If that's a mom skirt, I default to grandMOM skirts! We are a long way from Hollywood geographically and I am a long way from Hollywood fashion wise. I will let you wear the cute skirt and I will keep my tummy in something that allows me to bend over. 'Cuz that's what I think when I look at that....how would I sit down where would my extra fluff go when I did? Can anyone say MUSHROOM?

ps. You are adorable in that outfit.

Anonymous said...

Love the whole outfit! Love the brown, the bow, the high waist--but you look great in everything. That running thing really works, huh?

The Organic Nest said...

Love it!!! And so love hearing that "high waisted" is FINALLY coming back. I've had it up to you know where with those low rise pants that practically fall off when you bend over cause I got no "junk in the trunk"!

Anonymous said...

Love it! You have such an awesome figure, so it's easy for you to pull something off like that. Quick off topic question for you, the Mom of 7 kids. Have any of your family members given you a hard time about how many kids you and your hubby have? I ask because we only have 4 and when asked if we will have more I say I'm not sure yet. Then they start in on how expensive kids are and that I am crazy for wanting more! Just very rude in my opinion!!

Anonymous said...

i like that whole look. good for you, breaking out of your comfort zone like that.