Saturday, July 19, 2008

Marathon Training: Day Forty Eight

New territory.

This morning we ran 14 miles. That is .9 miles more than I have ever run in my life. In fact, at 13.2 we let out a "hooray!" because each step was new distance. Training for and running a half marathon in 2006 took us to 13.1 miles and this morning we exceeded that. From here on out it's new ground.

And also, I am very sweaty.

12 comments:

Sara said...

And also, you are very amazing. :) You are my IDOL.

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

dang, you can run girl!

Pam's Pride said...

You so totally rock!

melanie said...

I can't even imagine!!! You are so awesome!! Way to go Heth!

Jenni said...

LOL! I guess so!

Run, Forest! Ruuuuun!!!

Anonymous said...

think about it. you can out-run your kids big time. how many moms can do that. so they better not be messing with momma unless they can do a good 14 miles.
proud of your discipline.

Anonymous said...

Way-to-go, girl! I wish I could do that--I am so out of shape.

I gave you an award--stop by my blog to pick it up!

From Bottle to Box said...

I used to run when the kids were younger. I am now at a point, I don't think I could do it. Do you have any advice on how to start?

Anonymous said...

That's great Heth! Congrats on crossing over into that new territory. You're going to do so well at the marathon. Say hi to all the ladies for me.

Anonymous said...

Way to go Heth! I'm so excited for you! Keep us posted on your training!

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

Good GRIEF! I used to run about a kid ago...and I was SO proud when I could run a WHOLE MILE without slowing down to a walk!!

Heth said...

bottle to box I'd recommend the walk/run plan. Just heading out for a walk and throwing in some jogging and minute or two at a time. Over the course of a few weeks, start doing more running and less walking until you are running a full 30 minutes straight. It seems like that is the best way to not burn out or get injured. Best of luck to you!