Friday, February 16, 2007

Being Thankful on a Friday

It's been a rough week around here. Germs were flying, people were moaning, stomachs were churning, and odors were wafting. So far, the children have only complained of upset stomachs, no bodily fluids have been released. So I'm thankful for that. Nate has spent the whole week at home. Let me repeat that. THE WHOLE WEEK. I love him. I love being with him. I am so sorry that he was so sick. But it's time to go back to work. Really though, he was so, so, so sick. The kids thought he was going to die. I think he did too. Oh what I would give for a day with temps in the forties so that we could throw the windows open and let in some fresh air. When it's -7, that might not be such a good idea. My children could turn into kidcicles. While I did wash all blankets and linens, now is when I wish I had one of Gretchen's Lysol Bombs. Seriously, that needs to be invented. I would buy a case.

I'm wrapping up the week, trying to be thankful. It's my little February resolution. Here is my list this morning. I am thankful:

  • That we only had the stomach flu and not the Ebola virus.
  • That I'm a choosy mother and I only buy Jif.
  • That big kids can make it to the toilet when they get that churning feeling.
  • For Gemma and the way she calls everyone who's name she can't pronounce "La-la"
  • For little boys wearing tie dyed capes with no shirt.
  • For a date with my 11 year old tonight.
  • For lemon bars made with 2 sticks of butter.
  • For comfy pants with stretchy waistbands at six months pregnant.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, I am sorry you've been invaded this week. I hope all NINE of you will be protected from further assaults on your health.

It's good to count your blessings. Have fun tonight.

Thanks for the linky---I wrote that two years ago! You'd think science would have caught up with the genius of my ideas by now.

Anonymous said...

I was reading through and feeling so sorry for you, all the way up to the last point and then it came flooding back to me, not just a sick family but a sick family when you're PREGNANT. Poor, poor girl. I'm glad you all seem to be feeling better, though...

Goslyn said...

Oh, I hope you are all on the mend soon. Expectant mothers should never have to be exposed to a houseful of tummy-bug germs. Yuck.

And that post of Mopsy's? Laughed so hard my sides hurt. Which a dangerous thing when you're edging close to 7 mos preggo.

Lizzie M. said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better-I'm sure baby is happy too :-). Thanks for the laughs today!

KarenW said...

I hope you are all better soon. We have been battling stomach virus, sinus colds and lots of schedule disruptions.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it funny how we document family life with all kinds of photos, but I don't think I took hardly any photos of when you kids were sick. Maybe chicken pox and broken arms.....
What would the photo album look like from this week if you had taken pictures of "Sickie Week- Feb. '07."?

Glad you are all on the mend!

Chris @ Come to the Table said...

Heth,
I am glad you all are feeling better. You can take a week of sickness and write interesting and fun posts to read. You're amazing girl!

Trina said...

I just love reading your blog! Ya just make me smile! hehehe
I can relate to your thankful list. They all sound like great things to be grateful for. I had to laugh out loud to you being such a choosy mom you chose JIF!...I chose "western family"...does that count? Either way...no salmonella here. ROFL

Truth said...

I wish I was a choosy mom too, lol. But nope, I had one of the infamous jars of Peter Pan (and I prefer Skippy.)

I love your thankful post, it is great.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy reading your blog and have never taken the time to post a comment. Hope this upcoming week is filled with a healthy home!! I can't believe that you are already 6 months pregnant. I would love to see a preggo picture and an update on how this pregnancy is going for you.

Take care
Izabela
(from Canada)

Unknown said...

Here's to hoping everyone's healthy soon. It's really cold here too, but I've gone so far as closing the doors to certain rooms and opening windows even during these temps. Sometimes you just need fresh air even if it's cold fresh air. After awhile I open the doors again and close the windows. It's my hope that the cold air has wiped out any germs trying to keep warm and cozy (and growing).