
I am personally offended by that story. I would have never been able to get a job and would have remained unemployed for all of my years. Remember how I told you I can't get my purse zipped? It was one of my weird things. Well, I'm not sure if it's normal to keep unpaid bills in your purse or not, but sometimes I do.
And I know it doesn't really look that bad, but believe me, this is a small purse. Especially for a mother of six whose children can not seem to carry any of their own things: Sunday school papers/crafts and the books and toys that they just HAD to bring along with them but now can no longer hold. None of them have figured out that mom's purse is not the trash can for their gum wrappers or any other small pieces of garbage that need to be disposed of. It's pretty embarrassing when you set your purse down and all of this dumps out. Again, it's much worse in real life than in this picture. Trust me.Now don't get me wrong. I LOVE purses. I have an unhealthy passion for them. I like to buy them cheap and often. Cheap as in less than ten bucks. I have tried big, small, and everything in between. It doesn't matter what size, I fill it to the brim. So in order to save my back, I am keeping it small lately.
How about you? What kind of purse do you carry? Are you brave enough to show us a photo of the contents as-is? Would you be hired, fired, or just laughed at like me?
25 comments:
I carry a diaper bag/purse these days. I loathe the traditional Pooh Bear splattered cutsie diaper bags. Mine is very Asian looking, a red and pink floral satin like you'd find at http://www.petuniapicklebottom.com/collections/original/shoulderbags/
Mine is a knock-off, though. Blush. I get tons of compliments on it, though.
The contents aren't very exciting. Diapers, wipes, change of clothes, my lipsticks/glosses, sunglasses, inhaler, cell phone.
Oh good gracious Mopsy. That site is going to be the death of me. Or at least of my checking account.
"Fashion so divine it's edible."
LOVE the bag, add me to the list of complmenters.
depressingly, I have the same purse problems except I don't have children to blame (only myself)...but I would like to say in my defense I have the mom-purse-lining (aka. a layer of gum (used and unused), mints, caugh drops, and change at the bottom of my purse). While I love the medium to big size purses, I agree if you limit the size of the purse, you limit the junk you can stuff it with...and I put bills in my purse too.
I buy them cheap and often too, and heck NO I wouldn't let anyone look inside. Something might jump out and bite them.
Mine is usually pretty organized. I wouldn't mind sharing a picture. The key is to clean it out a few times a week of all the things that don't have to be in there (trash, art, etc).
Now don't ask to look at my desk :)
Fired for sure!
I've moved down to a smallish diaper bag/purse, but it's pretty neat, all in all.
I prefer small purses, adn they are usually full of stuff I don't know what to do with. A total embarassment.
What a fun topic of conversation. I love the job interview story.
What I can't figure out is how you get away with having no wads of kleenex (used and un) spilling from your purse. I thought that was a mommy mandate.
Julie-The lack of Kleenex, used and unused, is because my kids either wipe thier noses on me, or on their sleeves. Tis the season for snot trails.
I should post a picture of mine. The hardest part for me is getting rid of the paper from my purse. I thought I could keep downsizing as my kids got older, but then I find my bag is bulging. Ugh! There has to be a better answer. And I don't think I would be hired if it was based on my purse contents, lol.
My problem isn't tissues it is all of the receipts I save. If I take them out of my purse, I will invariably need to return something and then where will that pesky receipt be? It will be lost and I will be stuck with an item I really should not have bought.
i posted pictures at my site, so you can see and judge for yourself. :)
First -- if that happened to me in a job interview I have a 50/50 shot at getting the job. My purse ranges only to the extremes.
10 years ago my purse became a diaper bag (or did the diaper bag become my purse?). Today I take classes on top of working so my school bag has become my purse.
All I know is that you never stop the quest for the PERFECT purse!
ok i showed you, only to make you realize how organized your purse actually is! i would be in trouble...
i have a hard enough time at the check out, can't imagine an interview! cute purse though!
Considering the fact that my dad called my purse a suitcase and told me to put it in the trunk of his car so we could all fit in the back seat...you can imagine all of the junk I tote around too! I always have loved carrying a good size purse/bag. I am always the one that has everything with me when someone asks for something. Right now if you needed hand sanitizer, gum, a car adapter, lotion-three different kinds, lipstick, lip liner, lip gloss- four different colors, femine products, kleenex, a bazillion receipts, Little People toys, pens, pencils, tylenol, advil, children's tylenol, allergy medicine (cuz you might need that in the middle of winter) paper clips, my planner (won't mention all of the stuff crammed in there), glasses cleaner, hmmmm...if you need it, I have it! ;)
OK-FINE...now I have to go clean the whole thing out...
They would never hire me! I do love cheap purses, mine is the 'Abap' type - check it out at http://muumsmusings.blogspot.com
This may be hard to believe, but I do NOT carry a purse. I carry debit card and license in back pocket, chapstick and keys in front pocket of jeans, cell phone in other front pocket of jeans. I'm not sure what they would have read into that for the job interview!!
My current purse is huge. I have everything in it including diapers and wipes. I would probably run and hide if it were to be dumped out on the floor in public over fear of what is lurking at the bottom.
You have inspired me to clean it out.
And many years ago while working in an office, I did alot of interviewing and it wasn't purse contents but handwriting which told me alot about a persons organizational skills.
Oh darling Im a stuffer...I remain a stuffer and buy BIG purses now...Target is my provider of all things purses and they have to be able to carry my laptop ...well in case of a fire and Im typing and my purse is the only thing I can carry ...has to have a place as I tend to be a stuffer everywhere..cupboards, pockets in robes...as long as I can't see it Im happy..........
Hi my name is Tanya and Im a stuffer...wooo what a load of me that was...the burden of stuffing no longer an embarrasment but cry of unity to all who stuff...our Tshirt will say
I LIKE TO STUFF IT....
hehehehehehehe
Not only would my purse not get me hired, it would get me fired. Most days I can count on reaching in there for something and finding the sticky remains of a lollipop or some other formerly edible item that my daughter decided she no longer wanted.
I would definitely not be hired and would likely be laughed out as they were sending me out the door.
I'll post a picture on my blog later today of my purse. www.pinkchihuahuaprincess.blogspot.com
I have a small impractical bag with no pockets
But it's pretty!
sumaiyah jean
jeans5kids
I posted my purse too.
I want to know more about the handwriting that Chris talked about! Or maybe I don't. Shoot, I'm not applying for a job, so no worries.....
I love your blog, I don't carry a purse due to a shoulder injury, I carry my check book and keys in my jacket pockets. I have dropped them out once or twice at restrooms though!
Once I went to present a rental receipt when returning a u-haul truck. I whipped it out of my purse, (back in the days when I carried one), and found out that it was stuck to the adhesive of a maxi pad!!
Talk about embarrassing. The guy didn't even want to touch the receipt and it's not like it was used or anything!
Had a BIG purse for awhile...AND a diaper bag.
Then switched to a backpack for awhile.
After the final potty training, I was able to use a small purse for about a year.
Just moved back up to medium sized.
I usually don't get a new purse until the one I'm using is broken or filthy. Then I get new ones at Wally World for under $10.
Great Mommy's think alike. :D
Post a Comment