Saturday, February 04, 2006

*Scowl*

This was not one of my favorite days. Here are some adjectives in alphabetical order. Blustery, Chaotic, Confrontational, Desultory, Destructive, Exasperating, Irksome, Glowering, Provoking, Stealthy, Tiresome. These words may or may not apply to the people living under this roof. Ok, they do. In fact, I think each family member is represented in that list. But let's talk about the toddler, Mr. Two-year old himself.

Today, Jack kicked my butt. The kid is of Navy Seal caliber. I can't even begin to relay to you the various messes and mischief he was up to today. You wouldn't believe me anyway. He can scale sheer cliffs with his bare hands. He can find a way through locked doors. He laughs at the child gate I attempt to stall him with. Cookies in the pantry three shelves up? No problem, Jack can get them. Mom's purse hanging on a hook five feet above the ground? Where there's a will, there's a way, especially if there is gum involved. Does it really surprise me though when he has this kind of role model? The thing that is so annoyingly cute is that when you catch him red handed, he tells you to "Go away, go away, go away." As if he can pull some kind of Jedi mind trick. "These aren't the droids you are looking for. Move along."

The little culprit is in bed, along with his accomplices. The house is quiet, and I want sugar. I think I deserve it, don't you? Surprisingly, in the middle of this nerve grating day, I managed to make homemade chicken noodle soup. I'm not going to lie to you, it was an eleven on a scale of one to ten. Worth it? I'm undecided, every dish I own is dirty in the sink upstairs. I wish I could just call on the kitchen fairies to make a quick house call, but I don't think that's gonna happen. I think instead I will go nibble on the bag of chocolate chips that Jack cut open with a pair of Fiskars this afternoon. He's his mother's son, he know a good snack when he sees it.

6 comments:

Kathryn Thompson said...

I love the Jedi mind trick thing. So funny. When the kitchen fairies are done over there, can you send them my way. My house smells like split-pea soup and I know why and yet I am blogging....

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain.

I don't think we should ever let Jack and Joel get together. They'll hotwire a car or something.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that!!! "Go away, go away, go away." Jedi mind trick indeed. Next time I'm up there I'll teach him to wave his little hand as he says it.

Tina said...

I think he's adorable.
It could be worse.
He could like lipstick.

Chilihead2 said...

I love the Jedi mind trick. That's hilarious. I hadn't seen the picture of the role model--again hilarious. I feel your need for chocolate, though. Today I am feeling carbolicious.

Truth said...

I read this the other day and LOL! It was funny, because that morning I had been thinking about MR. J and wondering how he was doing. I think because I was my parents 3rd child in 3 years, and my brother was just 13 months older than me. And it got me wondering how that little man was. Thanks for letting me know, rofl!