Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Nate And Heth as Seasoning


Check it out. Nate and Heth as Salt and Pepper shakers:



One of the most amazing mommas I know made these a couple of years ago for all of the pastors at our church. Each couple received their own likeness as salt and pepper shakers. The other pairs are just as awesome as these. Angela's long black hair, Nate wearing his Fifth Element hoodie, Matt's guitar. Bill's might have been my favorite, complete with a bald head and microphone. These are up there in the top ten best presents I have ever been given. Kathy is a mom to seven kids, most of them grown now. She homeschooled them all and over the years (our families have been friends since I was small) I remember her having an intentional creativity despite a house full of kids. She has such a sweet, sweet spirit about her. Thank you Kathy, I think of you every time I season my food with salt that pours from my golden locks. Ok, now that I type it out, that sounds really gross. You know what I mean.

7 comments:

Natalie Joy said...

I was just telling someone about our S & P Shakers today. I may have to use a photo of them as my profile pic for a while. Loved that gift too!!

melanie said...

:) salt from your golden locks... hehe.

they are the best ever.

completely jealous!!!

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

She is one amazing lady and those are some amazing s&p shakers.

I'm jealous too.

gretchen from lifenut said...

If it was a couple of years ago, the baby must be Toby?

What a fun little treasure. Good job, Kathy!

momzie said...

Kathy is an amazing lady! Always wondered how she had time for the creative ventures. And always wished I had a set of these, too.

Holly C. said...

Those are great!

Anonymous said...

Handmade gifts are the best.gifts.ever.

You guys rock it as s&p shakers.