Friday, November 27, 2009

Randomess, Because it's Been Awhile

Last year we inadvertently missed most of the Christmas specials on TV. Not this year. I pulled out a piece of poster board and made a master list including date, channel, and time. We have a date with The Grinch on Monday night at seven.

In other news, Everly rolled over for the first time. And not just a fluke, "How did that happen?" type roll. She actually did it again and again and again. So that's fun.

What else? I haven't blogged for so long, I don't even know where I left off.

Nate and I were able to get away together for a few days at a Youth Leader's Retreat. It was really fun. We had a great speaker and good times with the other youth leaders in our denomination. One of the nights we went to see the movie 2012. Yeah, it was pretty funny but I don't think it was supposed to be. Let me give you a summary: It's the end of the world and you meet a group of people who will miraculously survive all sorts of natural disasters and manage to escape by the skin of their teeth every. single. time.

The retreat was held only a couple hours from where our friends live now. We decided to make a quick trip to visit them and two other families that are dear to us. It went way too fast but we had lots of laughs with good friends.


I love the interaction going on in this picture, there may or may not have been fighting over the baby.

We had a fantastic Thanksgiving. Nate's Mom really outdid herself making dinner for a houseful. It was delish. Also, there were four different kinds of pie and they were all fantastic. Believe me, I know. I ate a piece of each. And so this morning I felt obligated to go for a run. A run the day after a holiday can be labeled a guilt driven run. It was pretty darn cold out there and I wasn't quite dressed for it. By the end I couldn't feel my thighs. But who needs thighs anyway? Oh wait...

Does anyone else have a running list of Christmas song that drive them crazy? I tend to be drawn to the classics lately, all the sappy emotional ones just kind of tick me off. Wow. I really am the Grinch. Geez.

11 comments:

momzie said...

Sitting here with some of your siblings and they want copies of your master list. :-)

melanie said...

a fight indeed, she is just a honey. we always miss the specials, why are they so much better when you know you that are corporately watching them with tv land rather than dvd? love ya.

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

I'd like a copy too ;)

What a great pic of great people!

Anonymous said...

Go Everly! Thanksgving is so special. So far, I've avoided all Christmas music. Just not ready yet.

gretchen from lifenut said...

I cannot stand "Christmas Shoes" or the song about drinking the six pack in the parking lot on Christmas Eve. They play it ALL THE TIME on the 24-hour Christmas radio station, which is why I loaded my ipod with my favorites.

I still think "Breath of Heaven" is one of the best, ever.

My husband posted a fun Christmas song on his blog. It's catchy.

Natalie Joy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Natalie Joy said...

YAY Ev! Way to go girl!
We had so much fun. Glad you could take the extra time to visit. I already have my Christmas cards done. The pics turned out great.

nicole said...

I try to avoid the shmaltzy "classics" as much as possible, as well as more secular songs. I just really like some of the hymns of the season, especially with modern arrangements.

Lizzie M. said...

Absolutely cannot stand "Last Christmas", I'm sorry, but who gives their heart for Christmas to another person and then gives it to another person the next year....totally cheesy!

Anonymous said...

how can you write so straight without lines? totally envious over here.

ann said...

Yay! I'm so glad you all got to be together again, just like old times.

There is one song that drives me just batty, and they play it all the time here on our seriously outdated Christian radio station. I think it's their attempt to be current...KJ52's "Jingle All the Way" eh I don't even know the title of it, but a little chipmunk voice sings "Jingle jingle all the way, DJ let that record play, all night all day blah blah blah blah blahhhhh"

Can't STAND it.