Monday, November 16, 2009

I Love Her More Than Cream Cheese Frosting

You know you really love someone when you want to buy ALL the sappy Hallmark cards for them. It was hard to narrow it down to just one when I bought my Mom her birthday card this year. There are so many things I wanted to tell her about how much I love her and what she means to me, it's impossible for one little card to sum it all up. So in addition to her card and gift, I made her a heavenly carrot cake and I slathered it (and I mean slathered) in cream cheese frosting.
Dessert is our family's love language. I talked to her this morning and she was eating the leftovers for breakfast. See where I get it? It's in my blood. Love you Mom.

9 comments:

Natalie Joy said...

That picture looks good enough to eat! Hope your Mom had a day as great as she is.

mom said...

You are precious to me. All those grandkidos and you put together such a yummy meal and fun birthday! And your cake was soooooooooooooooooo good!!
Can we do an encore??

melanie said...

looks so yummy!!! happy birthday Chris.. looks like it was so sweet!! :)

Nicole said...

oh baby YUM!!!!

Unknown said...

Proof that it's the family love language: Gabe, seeing the picture says, "I want Some!!"

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

I think of all the love languages, dessert is by far the best choice.

Truth said...

Can I be your mom???? I wish I could remember everyone's favorite cake. I had the choice between a chocolate spice cake and a carrot cake for El. I picked the chocolate because I couldn't remember if she was the one who hated carrot cake. I was wrong. It was Hilary that hates carrot. Oh well.

randi said...

This is THE sweetest post. What a blessing to have a wonderful mom to gush over and make goodies for. Happy birthday to her! :)

Lizzie M. said...

So awesome...and so glad to hear I'm not the only one who speaks the dessert love language....three or four time a day... :-)