Monday, August 17, 2009

The Wedding

Wow.

I talked to my mom this afternoon, and we came to the conclusion that there are just no words even remotely adequate to describe the weekend. It went way too fast and we want to do it all over again at least three times so we can further enjoy it.

My little brother Gabe married a most beautiful, vibrant, giggly, amazing lady on Saturday. Watching the two of them together was pure joy. The ceremony was filled with elements of who they both are as people, including the most precious surprise song by the bride. I thought I was going to be able to keep it together until she started singing and then it was all over.

Either that or I was crying because of my feet. I bought my most favoritest shoes ever for the wedding. I tried to resist them in the store and it turns out they were irresistible. I had to have them. I went back for them. Standing on that stage, they were just painful enough to keep me distracted from the emotions of the ceremony. I kept my concentration, trying to discreetly shift my pregnant, front-heavy weight to prevent the balls of my feet from starting on fire. I questioned whether or not I would make it. But then Naomi sang and as I listened to those lyrics my feet faded into some distant place in the back of my mind.

Watching the two of them during their vows, while being prayed for by their parents, as they placed rings on each other's fingers was such a privilege. It is so clear that God brought them together and I'm so excited for their future together.

Here are some of my favorite moments from the weekend:




Naomi, the night before the wedding, sooo excited to be getting married!



The whole family.




Nate and Heth, all dressed up.



Kissing on a bench.



Gabe and Naomi with the ringbearers and flower girl. Jack walked down the aisle, carrying Toby under his armpits. Austin refused, he already did it right twice in rehearsal, three times was too much to ask. Gemma had been waiting for that moment her whole life and glided down the aisle.



Naomi and Gemma.



The reception was outside under a tent. It rained off and on, but nothing could put a damper on the gorgeous day. But you should see Gemma's dress....





We love you Gabe and Naomi. Happy Marriage to you!

11 comments:

Truth said...

Wow! Is that ok to say? Everyone looks amazingly beautiful and I so understand wanting to do it all over again and again. I had no idea how much fun a wedding could be until my son got married.

The bride sure does look happy. Everyone does. What lovely memories you all will have for some time to come.

Congrats to the happy couple.

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

dang she's cute! what a beautiful wedding.

KarenK said...

What a gorgeous bride and groom! What a beautiful day. Congrats to them and to you on your new sister. :)

ann said...

Beautiful beautiful beautiful! And I love her flowers, too! I love that she wrote a song for her husband, I love that it was outdoors, everything is so beautiful. I loved hearing about the wedding and wish I could have been there.

Homegrown Tribe said...

beautiful beautiful!

britt

gretchen from lifenut said...

Beautiful, all around. I wish them a lifetime of the best.

momzie said...

Excellent post. It's a good thing I'm not a blogger, because I am still speechless. In awe of God's blessings all weekend.

melanie said...

completely beautiful.

jenni said...

Congratulations to everybody! Looks like a beautiful, ecstatic time was had by all.

I had no idea your husband was only 12, though.

Anonymous said...

you have the cutest family ever.

nicole said...

So, you mention shoes, but you have no pictures? Not cool.

Beautiful family.