We are down to the last Sunday at church. You know, the one where you don't want to go because everyone will be saying "You're still here?" But if you don't go everyone will think you are at the hospital, giving birth. Maybe my answer to the "You're still here?" and "You haven't had that baby yet?" should be a snarky "No, I had it three days ago but we left it at home. And I'm still really, really fat."
The last week makes me so grouchy.
On a more cheerful note, things I am looking forward too:
- Nursing a newborn
- Wearing the baby in the Moby Wrap
- Being able to tie my own shoes
- Being able to roll over in bed in under 5 minutes
Still no names.
Still haven't packed my bag.
17 comments:
LOL! That's exactly what I wanted to say the whole last two weeks of my pregnancy when I would run into ppl and they'd say "you're still pregnant?" I really wanted to say "Nope... just bloated... here's your sign." LOL
Homestretch baby!
I, for one, love the snarky remark.
Now...go pack your bags ;)
I have developed a theory that babies like to be born on their birthdays.
Oh, the silly things we hear toward the end of a pregnancy...I like your snarky, "You're still here? question. I dare you.
Who knows, maybe you'll go into labor this afternoon and have your baby around 2am, making church an impossibility.
I'm excited for you, Heth.
I hear you on the snarky remarks. I've a whole load of them I could never unleash on the church people, but really, really wanted to :) But I started getting that question about 6 weeks from due date, I was huge!!
Looking forward to baby with you... blessings!
So glad you checked in with those of us who wonder every day. But I'd never ask...oh wait, I think I did.
You be as snarky as you want.
anxiously awaiting news...but promising not to be obnoxious about it...
you, however, are entitled to be just as obnoxious as you wanna be. Fat woman's prerogative.
;o)
nursing a newborn...sigh. There really is nothing like those first few moments of new life, is there?
I vote for some sort of name tag for church on Sunday. The kids and the husband should wear one too. How about something like: "I'm with her - the still pregnant woman." And for the kids: "I got away with wearing this because my mom is still pregnant and couldn't chase me down and make me change." And for you: "Seriously, just don't ask."
You have an exciting week ahead! Enjoy every minute:)
hang in there!!
BEST WISHES TO YOU this week!!
I CANT WAIT!!!!
well probably not as much as say you and nate...
but have i mentioned im so stinking excited!!!
praying for a beautiful delivery.. :)
I love love love your snarky answer and wish I had thought of it myself with my 4 late babies!
Snort. Right there with you, sister! On all accounts. Hoping we both have new loves to snuggle by this time next week.
At least people aren't asking you if you're having TWINS. Ugh.
take your time on the name, I am still learning the names of all your other offspring. he-he!
actually I thought of you yesterday.... figured out how you stay so thin (minus the prego part)... having to share food when eating at the state fair (cause each item starts at $5)means you end up with... not much to eat.
SO SOON SO SOON!!!
Do we get to see that beautiful baby belly before it's too late! :)
britt
Heth -- Wishing you the BEST! We're so excited for you and your family! THose first minutes of life ... sigh ... nothing else like it. Good luck to you & can't wait to hear the name!
Thinking of you.
-lindsey
love the snarky remark. i was extremely huge when we had our second son. every wk. i dreaded hearing the comments from everybody at church and one sun. i just let it out. a very round man said to me, 'you look like you're gonna burst!' (which is what everyone said!) to which my reply was, 'yeah, well i'm pregnant, what's your excuse?' it was said very tongue in cheek, but w/ a little bit of truth. praise God for his mercy, cause i needed it w/ that remark!
Post a Comment