Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Hello Guitar Hero

We are a little behind the times. We finally got Guitar Hero. Thanks Jim and Yvonne! That game is genius, genius I tell you. Where has it been all my life? So my Christmas cards are all sitting here in a stack, none addressed or stamped. Guitar Hero is to blame. Even the kids are in love with it.

But we play with our own rules. Style points. None of this standing still, glassy eyed at the screen. And don't you dare sit on the couch and play. You will get zero style points. You had BETTER rock out, and I am not afraid to rock out. Either is Gemma. Or my mom.



So Merry Christmas everyone.

If you need me, I'll be dancing around my living room with a guitar strapped to my shoulder rocking out to "Spiderwebs" until the wee hours of the morning.

12 comments:

Shannon said...

Same here! We just got Guitar Hero too. Love it, though I think I've heard all the Pearl Jam a person could reasonably be expected to endure in one day. Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

I need to add a couple of points here.
1. I opt for style points because when it comes to the actual scoring...it ain't happenin'!
2. Hez rocks the family. Not only are the style points there, she's kickin some booty with the expert level scores. She and Nate have a guitar war going on over there.
3. And then there's the inital scores on the Wii Fit ski jump...can we say "competative"?

One More Equals Four said...

We just got guitar hero as well! I was only allowed to play once, but I "ROCKED" Eye of the Tiger!

Anonymous said...

YAY so, Jack plays with no shirt--total rock star-- he gets extra style points from me!!! till i see mohawks, leather pants, Nate in eyeliner, or lots of scarves (Steven Tyleresque) Jack wins. :)

Anonymous said...

soooooooooo FUN!!!!

my boys would LOVE this!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hope you enjoyed a great Christmas. Have fun playing guitar.
-FringeGirl

Anonymous said...

love the pictures, especially the one of your mom. what i wouldn't give to see my mom do the same :)

KarenK said...

Rock out with your bad self, Heth!

Merry Christmas late!

JenB said...

We got a playstation this summer mainly for Guitar Hero! That thing is addictive! I got my mom to play it too--ha!

Heather of the EO said...

I'm pretty sure those are some of the BEST guitar hero pics I've ever seen. I totally stink at it. What's my problem? Lack of coordination, maybe? No, that can't be it. I think maybe there's something wrong with it.

I do love the Wii bowling though. I totally rock at THAT! :)

Nice to "meet" you.

melanie said...

love the shots- what a hoot!!! share heth..share!!! hehe!!!

Deb said...

I gave my husband guitar hero for Christmas and we haven't put it down yet. It's addicting.

http://thaxtonfam.blogspot.com/