Thursday, February 07, 2008

Six Things Meme

I may be the worst meme-er in the whole blogosphere. Wow, what a sentence. Spell checker loves me.

Gretchen and Judy tagged me. I may have been tagged by someone else too, I forget. See? I told you I was bad at memes. I think I may have done this one before. Like a year ago, but I don't remember and I don't feel like archive diving. So if I mention the same quirky things that I did before, forgive me. Can that be one of my quirky things? Too lazy to archive dive?

Here are my real six quirky things.

  1. When I put mascara on, I always start with the same eye. Every single time. And I open my mouth, but everyone does that. Same thing goes for blush, tweezing, and eyeshadow. Same side first, my left.
  2. I usually have at least two beverages going at all times, sometimes more. On my kitchen counter you will most likely find a big, huge, mega convenience store fountain cup full of ice water and a cup of cold coffee. But I'm still working on them so don't dump them out. There may also be a mug of cocoa or a pop if I'm feeling extra indulgent.
  3. When I put photos in the album, they have to be in EXACT chronological order. "Close" just isn't good enough. It is vital the next generations know that we built snowmen before we drank hot cocoa. Or that on vacation we stopped for ice cream after we went to the zoo. Crucial.
  4. I bite my nails when I watch an intense movie or tv show. If my nails are long, you can be sure that I haven't watched anything even remotely scary recently.
  5. This morning I wore my pink Napoleon Dynamite snow boots to the gym with green shorts. (you have to bring your shoes so that you don't get the treadmills all nasty and snowy) It was a hot look. I was tempted to stop for a gallon of milk just so I could show off my style. *pffft*
  6. I sleep with multiple pillows. Nate sleeps with one. Sometimes I steal his pillow too. What a wife.
I'm opting out of tagging. Can I do that? I think the whole internet has already done this meme and boy oh boy have there been some fun quirks to read about. If you haven't done it, go ahead! It's good times.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heth, for this old fogie, can you explain to me what is a "meme"?

Heth said...

Diana It's kind of like a blog chain letter thingy. You answer the questions and then pass it on to other people. They answer and then pass it on to other people. It's like "the song that never ends". Except not.

Good definition huh?!

Anonymous said...

LOL- I am a pillow hog as well.
He loves me anyway. :)

Anonymous said...

You totally should have stopped for milk...with an outfit like that you HAVE to show. it. off.!

Sara said...

Ooooh Heth. Do post a photo of the "pink Napoleon Dynamite snow boots with shorts". Pretty please? That made me laugh out loud. :)

A Lost Writer said...

Sorry, this is about an older post! I bought shoes just like that, only in silvery white - and I live in India. Went through the exact same experience at the store because I'd gone in to get a pair of flip-flops to wear around the house. Thank heavens everything was on sale!
And thank you, Heth, for the explanation of a Meme. I'm new to the blogosphere myself so I need all the education I can get. :)

Truth said...

You start with your left eye? Are you left handed?

Holy Cow, pink Napoleon Dynamite and green shorts...you really should get a pic of this chic outfit. Where can I get those boots???

Chris @ Come to the Table said...

I too love sleeping with several pillows. Poor guys!

Unknown said...

I am laughing at the photo thing, only because my photo system would nauseate you, I still have film from when the kids (15, 14 & 11) were toddlers to develop.
Hope we date stamped everything.

I have a multiple drink habit too, drives the kids bonkers. And yet I use less glasses in a day than anyone else.

And multiple pillow gal here too!

Yes, you can opt out of tagging :)

Ann said...

Yay! I knew all of these (except for the boots).

Judy said...

Hey Heather! Thanks for being such a good sport and diving in! I love to hear these things, because it helps to get to know you more! I wasn't in the blogging world a year ago so I missed it! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for doing the meme, and opting out of tagging is just fine, because I think just about everyone has done it by now. All 6 of the people I tagged had also been tagged by someone else. It's a small world, eh?

I too would love to see a pic of those pink boots ;-)