Wednesday, February 20, 2008

So Hot It's Freezing

I just bought this cute little bird feeder this winter. The birds have yet to discover it. Either that or they are too afraid to come near the window fearing for their very lives because of the crazy chaos they hear inside. No matter the reason, the birds aren't coming but that's ok because this bird feeder that hangs on the outside of my kitchen window has a bonus feature. A thermometer. Now I can know exactly what the temperature is out there.







Apparently today is a record high.





I don't know why that cracks me up so much, but you know that phrase "when hell freezes over?" According to my birdfeeder, it may actually be possible...

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

It doesn't look like your thermometer is equipped for the below zero temps. It must have been manufactured in the tropics. I'm not sure I'm equipped for the sub-sero temps!!!!

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

I cannot stop laughing at this! Eli keeps asking me what's so funny! I totally needed that today, thanks! :)

Lizzie M. said...

Now, if we could only convince ourselves that was the real temp.....:-)

Ann said...

That is hilarious!

Pamela said...

It's cold here too!!
Be patient and the birds will come.

Anonymous said...

It's the bird seed insulation factor. I can see it now, next winter will be be wearing coats filled with bird seed instead of down!

Truth said...

LOL, you crack me up!

Sabrina said...

LOL!

weloveyellow said...

Too funny! I wonder what the thermometer will read this summer ;)

Tina said...

record high?
You have GOT to be kidding.

Mrs. Troop said...

That's too funny!
Love birdfeeders, too. Except when I call all of the kids to the window to see a bird, the bird always flies off! Can't imagine why.