Monday, February 18, 2008

Collection

I have a thing for belt buckles. If you would like to read about my belt buckle adventures, you can catch up here. This weekend while doing a little bit of shopping, I came across this beauty.

Nothing says redneck like a belt buckle with a semi truck on it. I am a picture of classy. I added it to my collection that is now three strong. Would you like to see the others? Ok. I'll oblige. (Rednecks never use fancy words like oblige, let me rephrase that) I'll show ya.



I mean COME ON! Ya can't say them ain't purty. When people ask me if I collect anything, like porcelain figurines, or shot glasses from every state, or stamps, now I have an answer. Belt buckles. I collect belt buckles. And I wear them, proudly.

Now I need to start hunting for some boots to match. Yee Haw!

10 comments:

Kim said...

We have a belt buckle like that! LOL Hubby used to work in sales for Kenworth and he put the buckle on his every day belt. That was many years ago but we kept the buckle :-)
Hey, a girls gotta collect something'! I can think of worse things.

Truth said...

Oh my, I had no idea. But now I want one! I love the truck, where in the world did you get it? Seriously, I want one.

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

You DEFINITELY need some boots!

Lizzie M. said...

Oh Heth, you would fit in so well with my Arkansas relatives. You ought to read the names they came up for our newest addition I posted on my blog (credit to the south)......hillbilly heaven. :-)

weloveyellow said...

My husband would be so jealous of the first two...he collects redneck buckles as well. I really like the last one.

Tina said...

That is a really sweet collection.

Laura Paxton said...

BEAUTIFUL buckles! You have to know that those are IMPORTANT fashion accessories in Montana...and anywhere else that "dress clothes" include jeans and/or camoflage!

Anonymous said...

Do you think anyone can guess which buckle came from Hollister?

Unknown said...

Girl, you almost sound like you're from these here parts (a.k.a Texas).

I LOVE the longhorn one but that 3rd one is a true "gem!"

Laura Lu said...

YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!