I gave him a gift full of self sacrifice. I went snowmobiling with him. I've never liked it. It's cold and you end up smelling of exhaust. But Nate LOVES his sleds and I decided that the best thing I could do is go along, even manning one of the machines myself. Turns out it's kind of fun. And for Monday's actual birthday meal? Meatloaf. Another meal that I loathe and he loves. Opposites do attact. I stuck some random candles in it and called it a cake.

And sticking candles into a hot meatloaf results in melted pockets of wax. Just an FYI.
Happy Birthday Carnivorous, Snowmobiling, Man Of My Dreams.
13 comments:
GBC is the way to my husband's heart as well.
Happy birthday, Nate!
Oh, Nate. NTG. Nate the Know! We love you! Hope your birthday weekend was great!
haha.. love the meatloaf cake. Happy birthday Nate.. go heth- i bet you busted it up on that sled :)
What a good wife you are! Melted pockets of wax...crack me up. Happy Middle-Age Nate! :)
LOL. Good to know about the meatloaf wax. Happy Birthday to your man!
Hilarious. Not many of us had carnivorous and snowmobiling on our lists as little girls... it's amazing how it becomes hot now!
Happy Birthday to Nate!!! Please don't say 35 is NOT middle age. Makes me feel ancient.
man, your husband has great taste in food!
i love how you call a snowmobile a "sled".
is 35 really middle-aged? really?
happy birthday to your Nate!
Just recently stumbled upon your blog and I love it. This post especially shows what true love is all about. Putting someone else's wants and desires before your own just to make them feel special. Happy birthday to the man of your dreams.
Happy Birthday to your hubby! Is 35 really middle aged? Don't tell me the truth, because I'll be 35 on Friday.
-FrigneGirl
Thirty-five is not middle-aged!!! Calm your fears, shake off your gloom; middle age is a state of mind and there are plenty of people in there golden years who haven't even hit middle age yet!
As for Nate? Seventeen at heart only far more wise and mature than many people twice his age. His zeal for life- and meat loaf- are contagious.
You made this a birthday to remember, Hez. Snowmobile date and meatloaf on the same day? What a wife!
Gotta love the meatloaf cake and mismatched candles ... you are my type of gal!!!!!
. love the meatloaf cake. Happy birthday Nate.. go heth- i bet you busted it up on that sled :)
work at home in india
Post a Comment