Monday, December 17, 2007

My House

Welcome to my house. Have a peek.
There aren't a lot of pictures, I took them stratigiclly so as to hide the fact that the house is "a little bit messy". Ahem.

There is no sneaking in or out the front door. The jingle bell wreath takes care of that.



These are the mittens that are never soggy and wet. They hang above one of the coat racks. One year when we had three kids, my mother-in-law bought these for our family and she has had to buy a new one for us every other year since. I love them. They are so fun to get out of the decoration box.

The tree. Notice how most of the ornaments are near the middle.


This is why. There are no needles left on the bottom branches.


My mom started a little tradition of buying snow globes and music boxes for the girls and tin soldiers and nutcrackers for the boys. I don't have room to display all of them at once so this year it's the boys' turn. I just love how they look with my new wall color.



This year I only decorated the living room. The only decoration in the kitchen is the sugary kind and they don't last long.

32 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! This is so much fun. Have a wonderful and Blessed Christmas.
Jamie Lea
http://www.xanga.com/homeschoolingthem

Susie said...

The mittens are so precious! I sure could use one of those yummy cookies. Thanks for inviting us over for a look. Merry Christmas!

Lora Lynn @ Vitafamiliae said...

those cookies are almost too pretty to eat. but i'm not sure that's really possible...

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

Fun post! I think the bells would drive me nuts! ha ha!

Hootin Anni said...

Love how the lights glow....and oh such yummy looking cookies!!!

My holiday slide show tour is THIS WAY

Anonymous said...

Cute! I knew I'd love whatever you did!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

How in the world do you find time to do cookies like that with your children being so small?? Are you magical?

kari and kijsa said...

WOW...we love that jingle bell wreath...such a great idea!

Merry Christmas blessings,

kari and kijsa

KC said...

beautiful, Thank you for the tour.
Merry Christmas

Unknown said...

love those mittens!!

His Girl said...

to echo all the rest, those mittens are adorable!!! i also love your jingle bell wreath and 'strategic' photographing. well done!

Chrissy said...

I love those mittens. Merry Christmas!

ohAmanda said...

How fun! I love the nutcrackers--a huge collection is so fun!

Truth said...

Oh, that was so much fun. I can't believe all of the nutcrackers-wow!

Monkey Kisses said...

I love the mittens.. where did you find them??? we have some but dont have one for my littlest one!

Sara said...

I love the pic of the cookies. It looks like it should be in a Martha Stewart article or something. Go Martha. Your house is ALWAYS cute...messy or not :)

Lisa said...

I love the nutcrackers!

Homegrown Tribe said...

Love the bells! And the nutcrackers!

oh and the cookies look delicious!

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing. I love the nutcracker/soldier display.

KarenK said...

Love it all!! The mittens are my most favorite, though. :)

Jessica said...

Love the mittens! Have a Merry Christms!

Nadine said...

I love the nutcrackers and soldiers. Very lovely. Have a Merry Christmas.

Anonymous said...

I just love those mittens!!

Anonymous said...

What fun! Looks great! Next year you'll have to do a repeat so we can see the snow globes!!

Tina said...

oh yeah! I forgot today's the day!
I neeed to do that!

Christy said...

Love both the blog and the decorations! Thanks for sharing.

becky said...

Great pictures - I love the jingle bell wreath!

Ann said...

Looks fabulous, Heth! I love the nutcrackers! Is that a Yoda and Darth Vader I see on the tree? YAY!

Joyful Days said...

I don't know what my favorite thing was--maybe that adorable wreath!! Thanks for opening your home.

Jenni said...

oh, your cookies are beautiful! And I love the mittens, and the nutcrackers (and your wall color), and the wreath, and the..okay, everything. Except the poor, dead tree. I'm really sorry that has happened to you this year!

Lana said...

all those mittens are darling and the cookies look so yummy!

Lallee said...

Oh, what would we do if we couldn't take those strategic don't show the mess pics. LOL Thanks so much for sharing your home and delicious cookies while I peeked around.

Blessings,
Lallee