I just thought I would take a break from steam cleaning my carpets and share this little incident with you. It's actually a little bit of serendipity in action. At least that's what I keep telling myself. Serendipity: an aptitude for making desirable discoveries by accident. Accident is the key word there, and I'm trying to look on the bright side.
Just the other day I looked at one of the high traffic areas in my living room (who am I kidding, our whole HOUSE is a high traffic area) and I thought to myself, "Wow, there are quite a few stains, I should probably steam clean the carpets sometime soon." And then I forgot all about that and went on with my regularly scheduled life. But my kids are always looking to help me out. Bless their little hearts.
Is the glass half empty or half full? In this case, the glass was not half full, and neither was the bottle of coffee creamer. The delicious Southern Butter Pecan creamer was mysteriously dumped out onto the living room carpet and now the bottle was completely empty. I arrived in the living room, just in time to see little precious Gemma, slurping creamer straight from a puddle in the carpet. Picture me, gagging, barfing, and kecking*. Nothing makes me want to hurl more than thinking about my sweet little girl sucking on the carpet. Oh, the horror. Have I ever told you how much I wish we had wood floors? I suppose she would just lick them though.
But back to the positive side, as I chant to myself "the glass is half full, the glass is half full, the glass is half full." The carpets are now being steam cleaned, by me. I wouldn't have done it without the childrens' intervention. No more stains, no more creamer. The carpet used to smell minty fresh but now my living room has a luscious aroma of Southern Butter Pecan. The guilty party? Who do you think...... Jack.
*kecking: unsuccessfully attempting to vomit.
18 comments:
Your living room could certainly smell like WORSE things than butter pecan. Trust me. I know.
at least he didn't dump a jar of pickles, or horseradish in the carpet? and yes, the thought of your sweetie sucking on the carpet gives me the willies too.
Heth...you really NEED to write a book. I'm talking a real book...like the kind they carry at Barnes and Noble :) You have such a great writing style and so many stories. I would totally buy it. I'm sure you could fit in writing a book in your spare time. Bwaaa ha ha.
Shannon- Um, yeah. Those are the spills I DON'T write about, or no one would ever come over. I just try not to think about it. And also to never sit on the carpet or put my face near it.
Hannajoy- Horseradish....hmmm. I don't think we even have any of that in the house. Just curious, what do people actually use that for?
Sara- If I wrote a book, would that mean that I could have signings at Barnes and Noble? Does that mean free coffee? See, THAT could be my free time. My family might start to wonder what happened to me when I never came home and I just started sleeping there.
nice use of VOCABULARY! I recognize that word "kecking". hehe
Great story.
Great use of our new vocabulary word. :) I'm impressed.
I may need to come over just to experience the aroma. If you put out a little jar of coffee beans, your house will smell like southern butter pecan COFFEE-- even better.
Mmmmm...butter pecan creamer. I'll have to try it sometime. Or I suppose I could just come over and lay on the carpet with Gemma, lol.
T and Natalie- Kecking is my new favorite word. And as you can imagine, I have plenty of opportunities to use it around here!
Truth- Sucking on my carpet may be hazardous to your health. I fully expect Gemma to break out in a rash any minute.
Yep, the best part about waking up is Folgers in your cup AND creamer on your carpet. How come they forgot that part?
Ew. Ew. Ew.
Here's to you for looking on the bright side!!
Heth, this blog is worth a chat dialoge on your comment page - good work! lol, you have a way that makes us picture what you're talking about....TOO funny! Ya' know, maybe Jack just thought she looked hungry.
You guys are cracking me up.
Kelsey- Folgers in your cup and creamer in your carpet? HA! That's good.
Anonymous- You know, now I'm not looking on the bright side anymore. I hadn't really thought ahead to tomorrow morning and the prospect of a cup of plain black coffee. I may just be making a late night run to the grocery store. I'm a coffee wimp.
LOL at Shannon. I agree. Well at least you got it cleaned up.
ahh. oli and jack, sweet little men! i should have taken a pic today, the pictures off the wall, the dresser empty, the paint picked off the wood trim, is it worth naptime?? and our house is out of oatmeal again, ahh. butter pecan sounds really yummy though. too bad you couldn't have a cup after you cleaned the carpet- i think you deserve panera!
What a sticky mess huh??? No use crying over a little butter pecan though!! lol... By the way Memphis Loves Dog food and eats it with the dog so. I'm sure it probably tasted good to her. LOL!! Kids....You gotta love em!
OH MY. This is why I wish we had wood floors too. Tommy will, on occasion, try to eat our deliciously dog-hair filled carpeting.
But I do wish my carpet smelled like butter pecan. Yum.
Oh, and we put horseradish on roast beef sandwiches.
Ick. I can totally see a baby sucking on the carpet.
Amazingly we have not had a horrible spill like that yet. Probably because my boy isn't even two yet.
My! You are very optimistic and I love the word kecking. Love. It.
Post a Comment