Thursday, August 17, 2006

School Shopping Perks

When you take your kids to the buy-one-get-one-half-off shoe sale it can be tortureous. I knew I was in trouble when Noelle sighed and said, "Mom, we are here for school shoes, can we start looking for us now?" I couldn't help it. Tyler suggested that they put blinders on me so I wouldn't be distracted. I really tried to behave myself and only took three pairs of shoes to the register, all for the kids. In my head I was playing a little game with my self. If the employee at the cash register asks about getting a fourth pair for half off, then it's a sign from God that it's my destiny. He did. Bless that man. I give you, the fourth pair:




Beautiful huh?! These are similar to the ones I got, mine don't have the cork they are all white. I bought them to go with my white dress. Ooooh, have I ever told you about my white dress? I'm getting butterflies in my stomach just thinking about it. Or maybe that's just the pancakes I had for breakfast. I found a fabulous white dress at Forever 21. It's kind of like this but not polkadot, it's eyelet lace. I'm in love with it. Luuuuuhv. It.

Oh, we are talking about school shopping. See? Distracted.

We hit the Old Navy dressing room with a vengeance. Clothes were off and on and off and on and then we had to make decisions. As we left, my pocket book was a whole lot lighter but our bags were full. And then.......

.....we went to Cold Stone.

The shoes. The ice cream. I could die now and be happy.

17 comments:

Nicole said...

That all looks so fun. I think mommies should get new "school clothes" too.

WarriorWife said...

The shoes are cute and the dress sounds adorable. But you do seem to be one distractable shopper--good thing your kids were there to keep you on track... :)

melanie said...

how fun! wish i could get by with the heel- too cute! whatcha going to wear it to?? wait until the girls are at the age when they want to share with you!

Chilihead2 said...

I wish our school shopping was as fun as yours! Love the shoes; now post a pic of the dress! (the url you posted didn't work for some reason...)

Emily said...

i was gonna say; give me a new pair of shoes and some great ice cream (yummy coldstone) and i am a happy woman. it's all i need. really.

Heth said...

Fixed the linky Chili.

GiBee said...

So cute! And HALF OFF!?! No way! Bless that man for suggesting it!

Speak Lord, for thy servent heareth. Or listeneth. Or something like that. Just speak about sales, Lord, okay?

the womom said...

I really like Forever 21. I got an adorable pair of pants for $7 and a top for $3.

owlhaven said...

Oh. my. goodness. My very first pair of high-heeled shoes at the ripe old age of 12 years was exactly this style, except the heel was only half that high. I cannot believe how the old styles are coming back. ( i saw a girl in LEGGINGS today. yech.)

The shoes, though. They are cute! i have such fond memories of them!

Mary, mom to many

Melissa said...

OOH the ice cream place looks SO GOOD and there's one here in Wichita! I know where we'll be on Saturday.

Incidentally, I understand how a good pair of new shoes can just make your day. Especially after school shopping...

Unkempt Mommy said...

Oh my gosh! I so wish we had a Coldstone around here. I'm jealous.

hannahjoy said...

ahhh coldstone. have you ever had the strawberry banana rendezvous? aMAZING.

Anonymous said...

oh, i can so relate to the shoe joy you describe! the dress you linked to was cute, but in eyelet? Even better!

Anonymous said...

Ok, that dress and shoes have to stay in your closet until you are 84 so your grandkids can pull them out and fall in love with them. It will be just like the polka-dot vintage dress a certain friend wears that is adorable on her.
Are you my child that gagged at high heals in 8th grade???

Kim said...

Yummy I love Cold Stone. It is the best!

Tina said...

that's awesome! I love your moms comments.

Forever 21 is sooooooooooooooo great. I LOVE their prices!!!

SuperMom said...

Oooooooooo, a "plunging" neckline! You go, girl.