Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Irony

I wrote the previous post Tuesday evening around supper time. That night a big black scary storm moved in and... you guessed it. More water in the basement. Two inches of rain in an hour. This time wasn't as bad as the first time but it could have been if we wouldn't have been home. We kept our window well drains clear, but that meant all that water was going to the sump pump. It couldn't keep up. We dropped a second pump down there and pumped that water up a hose and out the front door. Even with two pumps, we were only keeping even with the water coming in. Crazy stuff. Eventually we gained ground. Now our basement is full of fans and dehumidifiers borrowed from all of our friends. Thank you friends.

Again, good points:
  1. We were home.
  2. Nothing has been done to the interior since the first flood, we hadn't replaced the carpet pad or the dry wall yet.
We have someone coming to survey our yard right away in the morning so that we can get to work regrading as soon as possible.

I hope this is the last post I write about this topic.

The end. For reals.

5 comments:

our little acorns said...

Oh, my. You poor thing! Praying for relief from the flooding soon!

Amber D said...

I hope so too, Praying!

Amber

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

before I reached the end of the first sentence I was chuckling and saying "oh no, oh no. oh no!"

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

Oh NOOOOOOO! Seriously, the rain needs to stop. Now.

gretchen from lifenut said...

Oh, Heth. It's the dark side of lovely, life-sustaining water.

I hope it for reals is for reals.