Friday, April 02, 2010

SOLD

Here is a look back at last week:

Tuesday: listed the house at 2:00pm
6:30 pm showing

Wednesday: 7:00 pm showing (with 2 hours notice)

Thursday: 8:30 am showing (with 1 hour notice)
5:30 showing

Friday: 5:30 pm showing

Saturday: 9:15 am showing
2:00 pm showing

The offer came in on Friday morning. We countered. He accepted our counter Saturday. HOORAY! It's SOLD!

I immediately put my big rug out back down by the front door and put the leaves back in the kitchen table. The laundry baskets once again took their places on the futon, all in a row, and my floors aren't swept. But other than that, I've tried to keep it decent. The key word there is "tried".

Looks like Memorial Day weekend will be the big moving weekend. Until then, I'm browsing IKEA catalogs and rearranging furniture that I don't have, in my mind.


Oh what a week can bring!

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay:) how exciting, and i LOVE IKEA, great choice to do your browsing:)

Natalie Joy said...

So happy for you guys! More space will make such a difference. Have fun getting some new things.

Holly C. said...

Happy for you.

trash said...

WooHoo also! It is kind of like undoing the button on a pair of too tight jeans at the end of the day. Or is that just me???

gretchen from lifenut said...

YAY! Congratulations on the speedy sale of your house! I can't wait to meet the new home.

Sara said...

Congratulations! That was SO FAST! I knew it. Yay. xxoo

Me said...

i'm so happy for you, heth! you really deserve it and i hope God blesses your new home with much happiness and joy. post pictures of the new home soon.

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

sooooooooooooooo excited for yall! if you and Nate only knew how much ry and I talk about yall!!! ha ha! love ya! congrats!!!

ann said...

EEEEYAYYYYYYY!

melanie said...

i am so so happy for you.!! & that you didnt have to show it for more than a week.. yippee!!!

pcb said...

Congratulations on the quick sale...that is nearly miraculous!

Anonymous said...

Heth, if you are looking for chests for the kids rooms, the ones I have in the bedrooms up north i got from ikea...they are the aspelund 2 drawer...thought that might give you a sense of size since you have used those.
love ya, yb

PastormacsAnn said...

Wow! That's terrific!

nicole said...

Congratulations! I hope the rest of the process goes smoothly for everyone.

Elizabeth said...

Fnatastic news for your family!

Emma Anne said...

That is so exciting! I'm a fan of Ikea too. I love that they build their furniture to be USED, and by real people who spill real drinks and ground real dirt into the couches. Yes! Fits my family well.

Anonymous said...

WOW. We have been trying to sell ours for TWO YEARS.