I give you The Great White.

Eight years newer than The Beast, The Great White rides so much smoother than I knew was possible. It is identical to our previous van, another airport shuttle, but now with improvements. We moved up from a Ramada to an Embassy Suites. Why does that crack me up so much?
So until we get rid of, *ahem* I mean find a loving home for The Beast, we have enough vehicle power parked in front of our house to transport 24 people. I take that back. The Beast has two broken seat belts, so 22 people. But if we include the XB in the fleet, technically we have space for 27 people.
Now that is something right there.
And our neighbors must love us for taking up all the street space on the block because obviously these things don't fit in a garage. But you should see me maneuver it though the bank drive thru. Skills. That right there is skills.
19 comments:
Congrats!
We call our van the Great White too. I think there are few names for giant white vans!
It's kind of sad though, didn't you just get the beast not too long ago??
haha! i didn't realize step up from ramada to e suites! you think one of those babies could pull me out of a ditch??
SWEET! Does it get better gas mileage?!?
I hope none of your children has "van atachment" issues. One of mine hated it when we got rid of our ol's green thing!
this made me giggle all the way thru. congrats on your new addition! do you need a special license to drive that?
How cool! We just bought a van in Feb and it already died so we had to buy a new one, like someone before me said...my toddler complains about this one. It is identical other than the color but he gets so upset sometimes. And DO you need a special lisense to drive that thing??
But does it have a cool sign on the dashboard?
Congrats on your new van!
you forgot one very funny detail...
beep*beep*beep*beep
We, too, have a 12-passenger van. The week we got it, I went through the bank drive-up and didn't think about how wide we'd become. I scraped the side-door hinges on the brick pillars. The next time we went, my oldest son said, "Mommy, don't scratch the van!" Gee, honey, thanks. Thankfully, I'm much improved and can now make those 15-point tunrs with Skills.
Kudos to all you Big Van Moms! I thought I was doing great parallel parking our full sized station wagons! Oh it was a different era!
i love that you got it from ebay. is there nothing that can't be bought there? enjoy your new van!
Congratulations! Ramada to Embassy Suites, that cracks me up too.
I remember when we found a new home for our big blue. One of my daughters cried her eyes out. At the time we replaced her with a Suburban, and although hubby was pleased, I truly missed driving a van. The 'burban never felt as comfy.
Our daughter is turning 16 and will be taking her driving test in our 15 passenger van. Parallel parking. We seriously considered letting her borrow my moms little car, but she will be driving the "Green Bean" regularly so she might as well learn.
Some answers:
We got The Beast three years ago. It has served us well.
It cannot pull Suburbans out of ditches.
It gets a teensy bit better gas mileage but not enough to make a difference in the wallet.
I don't need a special license to drive it.
The cool sign in this one says "Please Fasten Your Seatbelts"
Yes, it beeps when in reverse. That'll keep ya humble.
I too have scraped the hinges into the cement pillars at the bank. I feel your pain Christa.
I don't parallel park. Ever.
You'll be invisible in a Midwestern blizzard. :) Love it!
I love it!
Now you're rollin' with the yuppie vans...Embassy Suites and all!
Congrats on moving up! I hope you don't mind me calling you a "yuppie" now.
I know exactly what you mean about manuvering! I drive a 12 passenge van and the dang thing has a turning radius of a tractor trailer!! I am just glad it does not make that beep, beep sound when I back up. LOL
I have a 15 passenger Chevy Express. Love it! We got it after our mini van kicked the bucket. None of my kids had any attachments to the old van. They were so happy to get something with some leg room. We call our van The Ritter Express. I went thru the bank drive thru....successfully mind you...the first week I got it. About gave myself a heart attack. Now I go inside, use the outside drive thru teller, and the ATM is just wide enough but, I still have to get out to use it because it is to low for me to reach from the window.
I near always take up two parking spots when I go somewhere. I love it when people try to park in front of me and their car sticks WAY out into the pathway....like DUH!
Enjoy your new van!
Post a Comment