Thursday, May 22, 2008

Iris


If the flower bed had a wedding, the iris would be the bridesmaid dress.
Two words: purple chiffon.



16 comments:

Amie said...

That might be my favorite sentence ever. I love your way of writing! I have just started taking pictures of nature, too this year - how beautiful, Heth.

KarenK said...

Mine are all ablaze this week too! I think the purple ones smell like grape popsicles. So sweet and refreshing.

Anonymous said...

Now I have a new way of looking at my flowers beds! What fun.

Anonymous said...

heth, love the iris and having been in a few weddings back in the days of chiffon bridesmaids dresses, i can sooooo relate. question- what is the muffin count and how are they lasting?????:)(re: your muffin post)

yb

Anonymous said...

All I want to know is how you get the background of your pics out of focus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have played with my camera and cannot for the life of me get it to do it. Even while reading the owners manual. Great pic by the way. :)

Unknown said...

sooo beautiful...none of mine are even blooming yet...but I can't wait!

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

ooh...I need so of those flowers, especially is Karen's right!

Anonymous said...

lovely lovely lovely!

Heth said...

yb The muffins are long gone. I meant to write a post when we ate the last one but somehow I missed it. I think it has been at least a week, maybe a week and a half.

Anonymous said...

you're so good with words...and with a camera too.

Perplexed Teacher said...

That brought a smile to my face immediately.

Anonymous said...

Heth, did you see I posted as Molly on Sat. She was home and had signed in somewhere. It took me until today to figure out how to get my name back on this thing. Do you really think I could handle a blog????

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

When i was a kid, a lady in our neighborhood was named "Iris" and i thought that was weird. Then I saw the flower. Purple is my favorite color, so you can imagine how quickly "Iris" became a thing a beauty, a joy forever. Long live all the Iris's!

Anonymous said...

I completely see it! I'm guessing the bride would be a rose...but what the heck flower could be the groom...a hosta?

Tiffany said...

The flower is beautiful...I am waiting for more pics of our new little relative :)

Truth said...

I think those are my absolute favs! I love what you wrote.