Saturday, August 11, 2007

It's Been a Week Since My Last Post. Good Gracious.

Last night Toby went to his second movie. Two movies at two months old, he's a regular little film junkie. Nate had been out of town for the past two weeks. I have been home with the kids and no van (that's a whole other story I'll have to tell you sometime) and my left eye was starting to twitch. Yesterday Nate returned and took me out. Toby joined us. We went to dinner with friends and then to see The Bourne Ultimatum. Interesting choice considering I have never seen the Bourne Identity or The Bourne Supremacy. But whatever.

Toby was a champ. He sat and watched the movie. Seriously. It must be some kind of a testosterone thing. At his young age, he already enjoys a good fight scene and a little bit of a car chase. But then he decided he was done and he let us know it by pulling one of those projectile barfs. The front of my shirt was literally soaked. I think that means he gives the movie two stars, being the critic that he is. It was good times. When we left the theater I looked around carefully just to make sure there were no secret agents following us. You can tell a secret agent by the ear piece. Just a tip for you there. We were all clear, no one trying to assassinate us today. At least as far as I know.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

You crack me up with your twitch! You did it, you survived the two-week blitz and the van's surgery!
Toby's movie rating system is pretty unique- glad adults don't react that way.
WAIT- Mervo hated Grinch and threw up during that movie.....!

Judy said...

Too fun! I don't get that male/glued to anything on screen thing, but there seems to be no fighting it, huh?

Sabriena said...

Sounds like a nice vacation, a wonderful time on your night out... LOL. Are you sure it was 2 stars? I think it might have been 1. I'm glad you told me about the ear piece. I've always wondered if I was being followed by secret agents! LOL. Anyway, I'm laughing while I patiently await a post about your van troubles. I'm still patiently waiting... I'm still patiently waiting... YOU STILL HAVEN'T WRITTEN THE POST??? LOL.

KarenK said...

"my left eye was starting to twitch"

THAT is the best line I've read all week. You kill me! (In a noble Jason Bourne kind of way, of course)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the smile! Nice movie rating style he has there. :)

Anonymous said...

Glad you are back, writing again, twitchless. Are you going to watch the other Bourne movies now?

Chris @ Come to the Table said...

Yipee! For the night out not the spit up. :)

Anonymous said...

Good for you! I thought the movie looked interesting, but of course I can't see it until I see the first two. However, had I been in your shoes...movie...home...movie...home...
hey, I'd have seen the movie, prequels or not!!

Anonymous said...

How funny! I've seen the first two Bourne's but not Ultimatum. Since it has already been to our theatres I shall be enjoying it from the comfort of my own couch sometime around - um - Thanksgiving. At least it will be cool out by then!!!

Anonymous said...

I took Little King to one when he was little, I nurse so I "nursed" him during the movie thinking no one would know...since it's dark you know, and I cover up well anyway. I was SOO embarassed because Little King was a LOUD eater...slurping, and such. yeah, it was funny...

Natalie Joy said...

We did have fun, though. Glad we could go out.

Qtpies7 said...

We took Sam to the movie, too. He was loud during the previews and I was a bit worried, but he quieted down a bit and I took him out once, then he went to sleep for most of the movie. The end was a bit rough as he was crawling around, and then during the credits he started hollaring for fun, really loud.
But overall it was a good time with him.
Great movie, but not as good as the first 2.