We are on our last day of a four day weekend. The kids were off of school on Friday and then we had the big storm that ended up being the Big Ice. We were promised 13-20 inches of snow but ended up with lots and lots of freezing rain. The weirdest was looking out the window and seeing snow but hearing thunder and lightning. Kind of creepy but kind of cool.
The kids had a blast playing on the ice. They went out on Saturday in the middle of it all and ran and slipped and slid
We ate homemade chicken noodle soup with homemade noodles. (Sometimes I surprise myself with my domestic abilities) I also nursed the latest round of sickies back to health. I swear, this is the marathon of stomach bugs. It just. never. ends. It's like 26.2 days of sickness, just when we think we have kicked it, someone else gets taken out. I'm starting to get a little T.O.'d about the whole thing, but for now I'm crossing my fingers that this is it and we are done. Please God, I'm begging you. I'm not a health, wealth and prosperity type of girl, but I'll take a little bit of the health part if you don't mind.
So now it's Monday and there's no school. Nate is working from home and we are all feeling pretty cooped up. I might just be desperate enough to take the whole crew to the local fast food playland. We wouldn't really be bringing any new germs to the place, they already have every strain imaginable. Or maybe I will crack the whip on chores and we can get this place spic and span and then take naps. I vote for option number two, minus the cleaning, just the naps.
6 comments:
You must live in the midwest too! :) We were covered in ice and barely had any snow. Kids are home from school today because there is no power at their school.
Funny you mention fast food playplace ... I was thinking the same thing because I have the flu and really don't feel like cooking, and I was thinking fast food ... minus the playplace. Hhmmm, don't know which would be harder ... driving to the McDonalds or just making lunch for all the kiddos. We'll see what lunch time brings!
Have a great day!
Hope everyone is feeling better at your house! I made homemade chicken noodle soup as well, minus the homemade noodles. It was just what we needed!
Snow penguins... how cute! Any chance that Nate is a Linux geek?
the nap sounds like a winner, did you make those snow penguins???
Those penguins make me cold. They are so cute. your last post was awesome. We are expecting our third and my oldest is three. The last paragraph really is sticking with me. thanks
I tried to comment on this the other day, as I love the penguins. But either your site or mine was not working and I couldn't comment had my life depended on it.
Post a Comment