Monday, February 19, 2007

Pregnancy Update- 26 weeks

I don't really talk about being pregnant much here. I don't really know why, probably because there is no earth shattering news. Boring, and event less is a good thing when it comes to gestating. So far everything has been smooth sailing. I'm twenty six weeks along today and feeling really good. Yippee!

I don't want to jinx myself by saying this but I think this might be the easiest pregnancy I've had so far, except for with Tyler. With Noelle and Cam I packed on quite a few pounds. I laugh when I see pictures of myself during that time. Aparently I was pregnant in my face. With Caedmon, I started trying to stay active during pregnancy with some walking. When I was expecting Gemma I was running, but had to quit about 20 weeks into the pregnancy, I had so much hip pain. I don't know why, she must have just been sitting on the wrong nerves or something but I couldn't be trusted to walk across the room. My sciatic nerve would shoot a pain from my knee to my hip and up my back and I was always afraid that my right leg would just give out unexpectedly and I would collapse on the floor in a big pregnant heap. I'm crossing my fingers that I won't have to deal with that this time. So far, so good.


I've been able to keep running and boy does it feel good to stay exercising through pregnancy. I feel so much better and have more energy. I'm sure everyone at the gym wonders what is up with the crazy pregnant lady on the treadmill who hogs all the fans, but whatever. I'll keep waddling as long as I can.


Here I am a couple of days ago. The photo quality is lacking, I had to use the camera phone.


Apparently I don't have a head. It's a second trimester symptom. Next week marks the beginning of trimester three, maybe I'll get my head back.

Gosh this is a boring update. How about we talk about food? With the other kids I had some very specific cravings. Tyler made me hungry for Subway ten minutes before they closed so Nate made late night food runs for me. With one of them it was lasagna, with another it was sauerkraut. I'm not kidding, I never liked it before and now all of a sudden I was ordering it on pizza. With another I drank quarts and quarts of lemonade and with another all I wanted was BB-Q ribs. This time something really weird happened. I almost got a reverse craving, and it was unfathomable. For awhile there, I didn't really care about dessert. *gasp!* At least not as much as I normally do. I was able to walk by a pan of brownies and not take one every time. I could hardly believe it. Was this an alien child inside of my womb? What kind of brainwashing was going on inside of my body? But not to fear, a healthy appetite for all things sweet has returned. Phew, that was a close one.

So that's about it for the sixth month. Like I said, nothing very exciting, except for a whole lot of kicking. I think that's pretty amazing. I can't imagine reaching a point in life where I don't get to feel that miracle anymore. What a gift.

22 comments:

nicole said...

You look fantastic! I was much bigger in the belly by 26 weeks. But I never exercised either. Glad to hear all is going well--that is the best kind of news with pregnancy.

Janelle said...

Glad to hear you are feeling well. We're just about to give up nursing with #3 and it's making me want to have another...

Vida said...

Yes, you're right, boring is really the best kind of pregnancy there is. And you look great! Keep us updated on when you get your head back. I'd imagine just in time for it to spin around while in labor? That's how it'd work for me anyway. ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh your belly is such a perfect little ball. The uneventful pregnancies are the ones we need to be thankful for. I loved feeling my children rolling and kicking inside me as well. What a miracle and blessing!!!

Izabela

Goslyn said...

What a gorgeous, tiny little baby belly. It's hard to believe we're only 2 weeks or so apart when comparing our pregnancy photos. You look great, and I'm so glad to hear you're feeling great too.

Keep up the good work with the exercising. I loved exercising when pregnant with Tom, but the weather and life just haven't cooperated to give me the time/energy/money/stamina to do it this time at all.

KarenK said...

You look amazing. Even without a head!

So I'm guessing that you do the surprise gender thing? Very exciting.

Sarah said...

Glad to hear it's boring. I had a friend who ran seven miles the week before she gave birth. She was crazy that way.

Christy said...

You look so good! I get HUGE when I am pregnant! Boring is definately a good pregnancy :)

Kristine said...

I had that "reverse" craving with my 3rd child...same thing pretty much...I had NO desire for sugar in the least. Very odd for me. I wondered if my child would inherit that characteristic...but he didn't.

It's good to hear that your pregnancy is going well. You deserve that by #7.
(#6 and #7 have been the hardest for me, by far, but I haven't blogged about it either.)

Anonymous said...

You look great! I need a better pregnant photo to update with. I haven't. I too have had an aversion to sweets this time.

I've been struggling with something that I posted about today. I'll tell you a bit here but you can read more on my blog. Did you feel guilty your 2nd pregnancy on? I feel guilty. My pregnancy isn't the same as the first, you know? No excitement, and I just feel different. My nausea and things are worse. ANyway you have had many kids. Just wondering how you felt.

You can answer on my blog, or email back to this comment...

Tina said...

you bless me.
thanks for sharing and being blessed by it!

Lizzie M. said...

You look fab for 26 weeks!! My mom had twins for babies 6 and 7 and she still managed to be adorable too! Glad to hear the pregnancy is going well! God Bless!!

Anonymous said...

You look better at 26 weeks than I do 6 years after my last one. That is great for you and oh, so depressing for me!!!

I craved blue popsicles with my 4th. My husband would disappear and I'd wonder where he went when all the sudden he was coming to the door with a box of popsicles just for me. He is a wonderful man!!! He also brought me yogurt with grapenuts each morning before I got out of bed. It was the only thing that kept me from throwing up every day. I know, I am weird.

Glad things are going to well.

Anonymous said...

You look great. It's nice hearing how baby-seven is percolating so well.

LaughterThoughts said...

came across your blog while over at the keithfamily... glad to hear you're having a nice, boring pregnancy... but exciting all the same. i have five and would love to have another. we'll see if God sends us another blessing. :)

Trina said...

I think you look amazing! I can't believe you are expecting your seventh baby. That is crazy! Good for you for keeping up a healthy routine, it sure looks like its been paying off.

I would love to read more about why you have decided to have such a wonderfully large family. I know for me its a HUGE blessing, but I would love to know your heart concerning this.

melanie said...

you are officially the cutest in the world. i can't wait to meet him or her!!!

Raquel said...

Hello!I am new to bloggig, I love your blog I have been reading it for a couple of weeks now. Congrats on the pregnancy, I too am having a baby due June 11th but will probably be a week or 2 early. anyhow keep up the great blog!

Anonymous said...

You are amazing. And you're inspiration to me! I know there has to be several people at the gym thinking, "Wow...how does she do it?" I'm really proud of running habits that we've formed and how we continue no matter what life throws at us. Marathon '08, right? :)

Rocks In My Dryer said...

Not boring at all--very exciting actually. And you look adorable!

Please keep us posted!

Unkempt Mommy said...

It's so awesome that you're exercising. I have been horrible about not walking as regularly as I should. Does parking really far away from Wal-Mart's entrance almost every time I grocery shop count for anything? :)

Truth said...

Oh my goodness, you are a gorgeous headless bump! So glad to hear it has been a "boring" 26 weeks. That is the best kind.