Tuesday, March 16, 2010

It's Official

Getting back into running again after Everly was born has been slow and steady, but it's time to mark my calendar because...

I just registered for my second marathon! Des Moines October 17th, and I'm so excited.

I'm going to celebrate by doing a marathon of laundry. I'm sure there are at least 26.2 loads waiting for me.

19 comments:

bethtrue said...

you go, girl!!!!

Sara said...

Yay!! You're an inspiration Heth. I'm awaiting my Vibram Five Finger shoes in hopes that they will make me an instant runner. ha. xxoo

momzie said...

The lean, mean running machine is coming back! We will travel the streets of Des Moines to cheer you on from the curbs!

Truth said...

I'm so excited for you. You are setting a wonderful example of drive, determination, love of good health...and so much more for your kids. What a great mom you are!

Nicole said...

go girl!!

gretchen from lifenut said...

Yay! You rock. I think it's awesome and inspiring.

Jennifer said...

That's incredible!!! My son is almost 3 and I'm still trying to get into exercising (notice I didn't say *back* into exercising! ha). My parents live in DSM. More power to ya!!

Anonymous said...

Hooray for Heth!!!! We will be back from PR by the 15th, so plan on us as a support system. We can watch littles or whatever! yb

Vicky said...

GO Supermom!! :) You will have a longer list of names on your arm this time!!

nicole said...

Good luck! I'm having a baby May 5, and thought I might try to do a half in December, but I'm pretty sure I won't get to train regularly in time. So I'm looking to next April instead. I can't wait to see pictures of your success!

Natalie Joy said...

Yay! I am so amazed by you and your committment to running. Maybe someday I'll get there too. Ahh, who am I kidding.

ann said...

ROCKY THEME SONG!!! WOOHOO!


GO HETH! <3

Anonymous said...

Yay! I too am swimming in laundry but I made sure I had just enough time to run 10 miles! The weather is beautiful, I've got a half marathon in May and it's time to kick off the cobwebs and run! Enjoy your first run!

Stacey said...

Wow! And I thought the 5k I'm attempting in May was a big deal!! You rock!

Anonymous said...

Yay!
I think laundry = cross-training.

PastormacsAnn said...

Alright Heth! Go get 'em!

Jodi said...

You've been on my Google Reader list for quite some time - just saw you are planning to run the DSM marathon (as in Iowa?)

Wherever it is - I'm in awe! Way to go!!! Also read you have 8 kids....is that why you're running away? =-) just kidding. Great job - and if it is DSM, IA - you'll have to give us your bib number so we can cheer you on!

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

YAY! You're amazing lady. Amazing.

Anonymous said...

that is awesome, as are you.