Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Another Update Post. Because That's All I Do Anymore.

Things we have been up to over the last couple weeks:

The junior high and highschool students at our church attended Breakaway, a big gathering of worship, teaching, and craziness. Of course Nate went, being the Pastor of Students, but I was able to go as a leader this year too, along with The Evs. She was a good little baby girl who traveled the five hour trip very agreeably and allowed the girls in my room to get some sleep. Tyler and Noelle were a part of the trip, but we tried to leave them to their friends as much as possible. Nothing is quite as lame as having your parents as chaperones.


Then we celebrated my grandma's 80th birthday. She is a graceful woman of God with a servant's heart. She has quietly and humbly established a legacy of love for God's word by example. She also loves her dachshunds. You've met her before.


Not much else going on. Just the day to day stuff. Like Toby sneaking into his brother's DS while everyone is at school and beating all the levels that a two year old can.


I'll end with this story. Last night was the elementary "Informance". The kids in K-4th grade put on a show complete with song and dance. Each grade performed in ascending order, the Kindergartners starting the show and the fourth graders closing it out. It was a packed house, so Camryn and Noelle watched from the back of the auditorium while Nate, Tyler, Gemma, and I took seats in the middle of a row in the middle of the room. You know, the seats that you have to ask about ten people to stand up and contort their bodies so that you can awkwardly slide by to get to your seat. So fun. Jack did a bang up job in between embarrassed giggles. Caedmon really rocked the "Boot Scootin' Boogie". Even though I don't have anyone in third grade, their performance of "Thriller" might have been the highlight of the night. Hilarious. The fourth graders had just finished their two songs and were moving forward to the front of the stage to do some dancing. Tyler leaned over and whispered in my ear "I lost Camryn." Uuuum. She's not in 4th grade. She was standing in the back of the room watching with Noelle.

Cracked me up. I wonder which little girl he thought was his sister that whole time.

5 comments:

gretchen from lifenut said...

Heth! Beatrix totally steals Sam's DS when he's at school and she's getting scary-good at certain games. Maybe Bea and Toby can have a Mario Cart tournament across the miles.

Can I adopt your grandma? :) She seems so lovely and I share her loves of dachshunds.

Natalie Joy said...

Ya gotta give the kid some props, at least Tyler was trying to be attentive to his little sis!
Wish I could have been at Breakaway, too!

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

Tyler just totally made me belly laugh! Crack me up.

And, you must hook me up with your grandma so that she can share her secret to keeping her Dachsunds from morbid obesity.

Nicole said...

heh heh, you forgot to mention the 240 text messages....us praying our boys would behave...oh, and that we missed Robby at the informance :( Good times can still be had when you have no idea where your friends are sitting, but always know their cell is on :)

ps, your Jack totally rocked it!!!!!

Nishant said...

She seems so lovely and I share her loves of dachshunds.
work at home in india