Wednesday, October 10, 2007

All About My Weekend

I am alive. I didn't get trampled to death in the mosh pit. It's just that I've been up to my ears in monotony again. Laundry and dishes and the daily grind. I've got 24 hours in the day but 56 hours worth of things to do.

The show was amazing. Love, love, loved it. The highlight was that everyone cleared out pretty quickly afterwards but after about ten minutes, the band came out from backstage. Of course those that remained swarmed them for autographs and pictures. We joined in too because that's the mature thing to do. Here are some moments:


Doesn't Christian just look thrilled that middle aged women and their children are attending his shows. I'm sure we are the target audience. (Ann wrote about the weekend on her site here and here)

Ann and I shopped all day Saturday and then I had to fly back home Sunday morning. Toby was quite a little traveler. He did great on all flights and none of the other passengers even knew he was there.

Can I rant for just a minute? Here is something I do NOT understand. See how snuggly and secure Toby is in the wrap in the photo above? Now say you are on an airplane and you have your baby with you. You are plummeting to your death as the wings tear off the side of the plane and you anticipate impact. Where would be the safest place for your infant, in your arms or in a wrap? The flight attendants made me take him out of the wrap on take off and landing and hold him in my arms. HOW IS THAT SAFER?! I complied because that is what I do. Avoid conflict at all costs. However on the last flight I boarded with him in the wrap and the flight attendant never noticed him so I went with it. It wasn't until he was serving beverages mid flight that he noticed the bulge coming out of the front of my body and he told me I would have to take the baby out for landing and hold him on my lap. Taking him out=waking him up. Just doesn't make sense to me at. all.

So I'm home now. We are jumping back into the remodeling and trying to wrap up all of the details like trim and register covers. I also need to commit to hanging photos, too much pressure! I'm never confident in my arranging abilities. Symmetry or asymmetrical? These are the big decisions in life.

10 comments:

Julie said...

I never understood that whole policy either but then I figured (and tried not to think about the fact that) if the plane was crashing there's about a 1% either of us would make it out alive :-(

leighdrea said...

oooo.. Sounds like fun. Wish I could have come!!

Anonymous said...

Such great photos. How cool that the band came out to meet n' greet! I was in the mosh pit once at a Relient K concert and I was fearful for my life, so I'm not planning on doing that again. My teens felt the same way, so it's not just cuz I'm middle aged (whew).

I NEVER EVER understood that stupid airline policy either. But yeah...wings tearing off...everybody's gonna be meeting the Maker anyway, so it's all good.

Laura Lu said...

You two sooo don't look like old women!!! You guys are so cute! I do like the bulge in front of you...and I think the flight attendants are a little "loopy" for asking you to take him out! But you are such a good compliant little soul, so I am glad that you didn't cause problems. You know, in-flight "problem makers" are a big deal these days...and I would have been in shock to see you in Yahoo News!

Anonymous said...

Oh, it looks so fun! Maybe a section on wraps should be added to flight attendant courses. Let's set them straight. :)

Truth said...

I love seeing you looking so fresh, young and teenagerish! It is times like these that will keep you young. So glad you had fun.

About the airline...yeah, who makes the rules anyway??? My sister is a flight attendant. According to her they have a LOT of foolish regulation, but she still has to enforce them.

Ann said...

Each time we've seen them I've hung onto a special memory...the mud, my birthday, and people thinking you were Christian's wife AND the shopping!!!

I wonder where we'll be the next time we see them. Wouldn't it be something to make a trip to Sweden?? That would be something!

Kathryn Thompson said...

Way totally safer in the sling. I brought a bjorn on my plane flights with infants so they'd be safer. That makes absolutely no sense.

Bobbie-Jo said...

You are so way cool.

I went to a Newsboys concert in January and I was the old lady in the back politely clapping. (hangs head in shame)

Next time I'll let the 16 year old in me out.

Phillips Family said...

I have had the same confrontation about not wearing my baby while flying. The flight attendant actually told me the "no baby wearing" policy was in place because if we crashed they would not be able to pull the baby off my deceased body. Yes, she actually said this to me while I held a 2 month old and had a 2 year old sitting next to me. My husband and I were horrified. Nothing spoils a family trip like a flight attendant talking about pulling children from your dead body...