For five years Nate has been taking a class. Every semester got a little harder. Every semester was a little more homework. Every semester, I saw a little less of him. But (better plug your ears, this is going to be loud) HE IS DONE HALLELUJAH YEEHAW AND YIPPEE! Graduation was on Saturday and it took all I had in me to hold back a loud whistle and holler as he crossed the stage and received his degree. I'm not a whistle and holler kind of a girl, but this occasion would have been worth it. I repressed the urge. I was tactful. But I was whistling and hollering on the inside, believe me.I am so proud of him. He rocked that course. There were so many nights that he was face planted on his homework, snoring away, but he kept at it. Week after week, year after year. He learned about Eschatology and Ecclesiology and some other long words that don't start with E. Seriously though, the things he learned are invaluable. I have seen so much spiritual growth in my husband these last five years, God has been faithful to teach him as he was faithful to seek.
And as a bonus Nate now has a BA in Bible and Theology to add to his BA in Aeronautical Studies.
And as a bonus, I have by husband back. Score.
22 comments:
Congrats, Nate!
Congratulations Nate!!!! Woohoo, yipee! I'm celebrating here with you all!!!!
Congratulations on graduating, Nate! That is awesome. And yay for pictures of your darling baby also! I can't wait to come take pictures with the kids next time! :OD
Congratulations Nate! A BIG accomplishment.
Awesome!!!!!!!!
I know just how you feel! My dh just completed his Master of Biblical Studies to go with his Bachelor's of Aeronautical Studies!
Your
Toby is just yummy!
Rejoicing for you!!!
Renee
Congratulations to Nate! What an accomplishment.
Congrats! Well deserved!
Congratulations Nater Potater! I'm so glad you got to make it to the ceremony, heth!!! Wasn't the timing awesome on that?? Woohooo!
I'm counting down the days till P.R.!!!!
A Jesus-lovin' Rocket Scientist! What could be better?
And Heth, you look too darn cute.
Sniffle, sniff-sniff, sob, sniffle, snuff-snuffle, wipe, blow, dabble, snniiff.
Snuff.
Sniffle....
Blow.
Wipe.
Publish comment.
Awesome ...
Congratulations to both of you. :)
Yippee-kai-yay, y'all! I'm totally jazzed for you and Nate; for the fact that he's done, but even more for the spiritual growth!
Spiritual growth. It's a good thing.
Congratulations to alllll of you!
way to go, Nate! I haven't even gotten my BA out of the way, and there you go making me feel like a big lazy lump! I am happy for you and congrats on that new yummy baby.
I would have been wanting to hoop and holler too!! Congratulations!! Great picture of the three of you too! Beautiful!
Now that there are 9 of you, could you give us a little run down on the ages of your kiddos? Just interested. Thanks
Congratulations, what an accomplishment!
Distybug- Sure! Our oldest is 12, then 10, 8, 5.5, almost 4, almost 2, and Toby is 1 week.
yeh! way to go nate, and heth!!! you guys are awesome, and a little man to hold at graduation!!
Congrats Nate! We know how hard you worked and we are so proud of you. God has GREAT things ahead. God Bless. You really are NTG!!
Congratulations to the whole family! I know that everyone supported him through those five years! And you look so gorgeous.
I add my congrats, as well. My, you two have so much going on in your lives.
Congratulations! My dh just graduated with his DMin (the first degree he's gotten since we've been married) and I sooooo know the feeling of being overjoyed to have him finished. You have adorable kids, by the way.
Post a Comment